Neds\Chavs: hate them!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Sparky, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Sorry about your car mate. I've had dust caps stolen, tyres deflated, and my car keyed. Talking to one of my mates from S. Africa and I think this is what we need. It comes as an optional extra :twisted:

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Find out if they do bulk deals...and get them installed on cars pronto...I dont care if Mr Brown says it illegal...he should have thought of that before allowing Chavs on the streets...in fact he should be clearing up the world of them...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. John_G

John_G Bit Poster

I think what most of you don't get here is . . chav's (or whatever) are people all the same. Some people don't have a good home life and the only way they can survive is by becoming what they know. I live in an area which is full of crime and I've seen good kids go the wrong way due to the lack of good people to mix with. I had the same problem when I was younger and I did run with a bad crowd for a while. I had the good sense to get out of it. That led to being quite lonely in my teens and in later life I found I became too depenant on the good friends I had.

Good luck to you if you had a good and honest upbringing, but I bet you're not perfect in other ways. Until people stop looking down on people who are less fortunate in life they will never see you as anything less than what you project to them.

Until the Government stamp down on crime it will just get worse. I think we all know that won't happen.

p.s For those who think hitting someone with a baseball bat will stop them . . think again. I know kids of 13/14 that will shoot you for less. Be wise.

Certifications: A+
  4. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

They are people. I'll give you that. But, they are not people who give a rip about anyone but themselves. Being poor, growing up in poverty, etc... is no excuse for becoming a criminal. Millions of people have grown up in poverty and not used it as an excuse to steal, vandalize, etc.... Those who do use that as an excuse for their behavior, well, don't expect anyone to feel sorry for them.

On a lighter side..... What's the history behind the terms neds and chavs? How did hooligans/criminals/thieves/vandals, etc... become known as neds and chavs? There has to some sort of colorful story behind such terms.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  5. Suttar

Suttar Byte Poster

Once as a student I went to ASDA, here I am going into ASDA and a ned tried to kick me but only managed to skiff my coat. so I turned around quickly with an almighty pi**ed off look on my face and he ran for his life. I laughed so hard, but also kinda wished he had stayed I was looking forward the christening my steel toe cap boots :twisted:

Certifications: Hnc Comp & Bsc Networking, ITIL v3
    WIP: CCNA
  6. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Kicking them in wouldn't solve anything, they would just come back with friends and/or weapons. They are puny and pathetic, think they're hard and stick together in groups most of the time. They're dumb and it doesn't make a difference to them if they are charged, it makes a difference to the honest working people like us though. Neds/chavs are like Hyenas, their laughs are so similar and they all stick together in groups.

NEDs come from Non Educated Delinquent, not sure what chav means though.

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am not exactly sure but what I do know is the term Charver is a term from Newcastle and from Cumbria (where I live) but have two different meanings.

In Newcastle it describes someone who wears tracksuits and gold jewlery and it Cumbria it just meant man/boy (so if you said there that charver, it meant theres that man) and what I thinks happened is the meanings have been put together and the term changed to chav.

Ned is just the scottish equivelant

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Sorry to here that mate, what a bunch of idiots. All I know is that if I ever saw someone do that to my car, their legs would of been broken.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  9. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Yeah, some of them do come from unfortunate upbringings, does that excuse their behaviour though?

But most are just pure evil little sh!ts with no regard for anything but themselves.

I'm sorry, but I am sick of this liberal left-wing attitude of the perpetrator being the real victim. When the hell are they going to realise that some people are just plain w@nkers, nothing more and nothing less, nothing is going to change them and the only solution IS to lock them up and keep them away from decent civilised society or to punish them to scare them into not doing it again. Everyone has a choice, and they choose to act like that. It's like people who have sympathy for complete toss-bags like Amy Winehuse or Pete Doherty. Sympathy for what? They've chosen to f*ck their lives up, they knew what they were getting into, like these mugs

It is this current Uber-liberal attitude that I believe is partly responsible for this currently f*cked up country. The little sh!ts know they can punch an old lady in the face and get a slap on the wrist and a free trip to Eurodisney out of it, all because the hand-wringing streak of cabbage that run this government put the criminal's rights before their responsibilities.

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  10. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Sorry, bit of a rant there. Have had a very bad day.

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  11. greenbrucelee

Damn right mate, I grew up in foster care, havent seen my real parents since I was 3 (not that I want to)

Thats doesn't give me the right to act like a **** and blame it on my past.

12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What's the best way to keep idiots from messing with your car?

Three or four other idiots in various states of disrepair lying all around your car. :hang:brancard:inv

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. WMSheep

WMSheep Bit Poster

Ooh, dont be silly; the police will do a dawn raid on your place and you`ll be sent to prison for 5 years for littering!!

WIP: CompTIA A+
  14. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

No need to apologize for telling the truth.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  15. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

You are right, what WAS I thinking. I bought a car and parked it outside my own flat. I must have been asking for it really. :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  16. greenbrucelee

I see where your coming from, but as I stated I grew up in care, I found out in my teens I was put into care because my dad stamped on my head when I was 16 months old to try and stop me crying.

I could have gone of the rails but I didnt because I had good foster parents and I knew right from wrong, there are too many kids having kids, and kids being brought into unstable families.

Some kids just fall in with the wrong crowd.

But there is no excuse for their behaviour.

17. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

ZING! :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  18. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I'm sick to f***ing death of the nonsense spouted by people who don't know the meaning of the word 'deprived' defending the little oxygen thieves that litter our country.

"Oh they don't know any better".
    "Oh their parents don't discipline them".
    "Oh they haven't got anything to do since the gubberment (sic) shut down all the yoof centres".
    "Oh it's society's fault for not providing a decent education for them".
    "Oh they've got ADHD/Dyslexia/Mild Autism/Social Integration Problems".

1 - They DO know better. From the age of about twelve (younger for girls) 95% of children know right from wrong - regardless of their upbringing
    2 - So what? See (1) above. Under the age of twelve, fair enough. Over that - bollocks, they're just being arseholes because they know they can get away with it.
    3 - The most laughable argument of all. When I were a lad (cue Monty Python sketch about living in a Septic Tank in middle o' road) I had a C64. That was the sum total of my indoor entertainment. I spent 90% of my childhood doing what every normal child in England does - playing football, conkers, on my bmx/skateboard/rollerskates. Even if they DIDN'T all have ipods, mobile phones that play shite music out loud, PCs, Playstation 3s, XBoxes and christ alone knows what else, last I looked, playing outside with your mates was still free.
    4 - Absolute bollocks. All children have access to schooling in this country - which is more than can be said for Bangladesh, Poland, Ghana and Vietnam. Why then have the last four people I have hired been from those countries, whilst I haven't employed an Englishman for over three years? Because they are lazy, indolent little turds.
    5 - ADHD is invented, Dyslexia is one of the most abused disabilities ever (see my Facebook group "No your child does NOT have dyslexia - he's just ****ing thick"), Autism is a terrible thing - there'#s no such thing as 'mild' autism - if you're the parent of a child with autism you KNOW it - it doesn't involve your kid throwing a tantrum every now and then because somebody move his lego and 'Social Integration problems' just means he's a bullying little git who needs a slap - or two years in the army.

(here comes that Python sketch again...) I grew up in one of the most economically and socially deprived areas in England (Deptford, in the borough of Lewisham). My parents had no money, were both unemployed for huge swathes of my childhood, we didn't have a television until I was 12 - didn't even have a telePHONE until I was ten and all the schools - BAR NONE in my borough were far worse then than they are now.

I used to get into mischief as a kid like all kids do, have done in the past, and will continue to do so forever. This 'mischief', however, did not involve mugging other kids, setting light to brown paper bags full of dogshit and poking them into people's letterboxes, firing bottle rockets down the hallways of peoples' homes, smashing or keying cars, joyriding, playing shite music out loud in public places, spitting at people in the street and hanging around in groups of fifty simply intimidating the life out of anyone who happens to be nearby at the time.

The fact that they are allowed to get away with it, and have been for years, means that it is impossible to control them - and, sadly there is no end to this - it will only get worse. If I am still living in England in five years' time I'll shoot myself.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  19. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

Hi zebulebu, a lot of people will relate to what you are saying. I think that the poor in this country are getting poorer, and the social, crime, and health problems are going along with it. Recently on a visit to London, on travelling by train I thought large parts of it looked very run down indeed. Scary almost. Scotland has its black spots too, but nothing like that. During a visit to America years ago, I saw some of the more deprived areas of it, and was frankly astonished that anywhere in the Western world, let alone America, anyone could be that impoverished. If this is the future for us here, we've had it.

As regards the disrespect we see in the younger generation, this coincides with the decline in educational standards and discipline in schools. People just want to look cool too much, whereas achieving anything worthwhile in life takes a little bit more effort than that.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA
  20. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

Hi Cockles, no need to apologise, many people feel the same way about the liberals who take honest people's hard earned cash, and spend it on those unworthy individuals who could not care less. Re drug users, there are many of them I believe who do not want to be cured of their addiction, and have chosen their way of life. Its just a pity decent people and their children have to suffer the consequences of the actions of these idiots.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA