Nearly there

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by wizard, Apr 16, 2007.

1. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Just passed my last CCNA semester by the skin of my teeth. Just got the cert exams to do and the OU exam to get the 30 points for the course :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Well done. :thumbleft

Any tips on the CCNA from the material and CISCO gear you have used?

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I haven't really used my lab, as OU have something called "netlab" to do the labs on. The material was good. I think I would have been better going the full self study route on this, that way I would have done a lot better and not felt so pressured and rushed to do it.

4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

congrats mate...

5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Well done mate, great stuff :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  8. laup

laup Byte Poster

Its ok i just scraped through the last semester of CCNA 4, smallest semester but, u need to master the majority of it.

Youll be fine aim to take your exam within 3 weeks now.
    and master your way round a router/switch and those access list buggers :biggrin

Certifications: IC3,A+, N+, 70-270, CCNA
    WIP: CCDA/Job :>
  9. muckyfingers

muckyfingers New Member

Just wanted to clarify what "netlab" exactly is.
    I currently study at the college who write the study material for the OU, and all netlabs is, is a collection of routers/switches which you book time slots on through the internet (which you can attemp at breaking!!) and after you 1 hour time slot-you cant have anymore in a 24hr period the routers/switches revert to default config for the next person.
    Just my opinion but it is nothing special.Its good if you have no kit but some of the downfalls are having to book sessions and only being allowed 1 hour a day (minus 10 mins for system restore) and not getting experience cabling up.
    I personally use my own kit and when lazy just a router sim.
    I thought I would address this so no one gets any high expectations over the title "netlabs". "just like windows vista-sounds better than it actually is"!!
    cheers

10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Not saying netlabs is special, just the CCNA material was ok, even though OU made a hash at times of the techincal side, just hope that they iron out the problems for the next group that take course, a lot of people were dis-illusioned with the course because of the technical faults, quite few gave up and demanded a refund.