Nearly a newbie...:-(

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by neice, Jul 5, 2003.

1. neice

neice Bit Poster

Hi Luton.

Thanks for the welcome........

Better not reverse the charges???? :-)

Beat that now. Was on the phone from 1.30 am Saturday morning till 9.30 Sunday morning. Was a bit tired yesterday.........

Neice.

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Yeah, we missed you, Niece - still no books yet ???

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. neice

neice Bit Poster

Peed off now. Phoned this morning and told they were still there. She was really nice though and said she would see if there was any way I could get them sooner. Got an email after a few minutes and they will only get here on Thursday, so it's going to be a long week. :cry:

Have to find something else to do till then.........

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Well, hang out in here in the meantime - you know you're welcome :P

Are you going to be doing the A+ ? If so, then why not go look at www.comptia.org (I think - just Google it)

Check out as much background info on the subject as you can, look back in the Nitlc Forums, ask questions in here ....

Just make sure you stay on the boil to Thursay - you're gonna have plenty to do from then on :)

5. neice

neice Bit Poster

I know I am and thanks. You've all made me very welcome.

Not doing anything as interesting as A+ yet. Getting first three modules and it's only intro to PCs, windows and internet intorduction and a bit of Microcomputer hardware. Only go onto A+ at module 6.

Love to do a bit of background, but I think it might all look alien to me at the moment.

Will be busy on when they get here. Just want to get going..........

Denise......

6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Boots? I'd always pictured him as a "loafers" man. :lol:
    You haven't lived until you've ripped (gently, of course) into the guts of a PC. Of course, the real action IMHO is actually networking the things. What's your ultimate goal in doing all this, neice? Also, just to clarify something for we folks in the American Northwest...what the heck is a "module"?
    :oops:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

A module is a section of the course your currently studying, the course is broken down into modules, as you complete one module it gives you the knowledge needed to move onto the next module,

Hope that helps

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

...or to put it another way, a pain-in-the-*rse/*ss book you need to get through before you hit the books that actually lead up to the exams

(Please note - built-in Transatlantic dual-version phrasing tool used here :P )

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Is this then different than a "class"? That is, in a US university, I'd have to pass Whatever 101 before I could go on and sign up for Whatever 102. In a semester system, each class is 16 weeks. In my IT program, each class met five days a week for four hours a day (included labs) for four weeks. That "equaled" the amount of class time you'd get in a standard semester. In 16 weeks, we'd cover four standard classes...just one at a time rather than four classes running concurrently.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

Hi Neice

Soooo glad to have female company in here! Hope that you are finding your way around ok and that Jakamoko isn't harassing you too much!!! :lol:

Hear your course materials reach you tomorrow - Let us know how you get on with them and good luck! :wink:

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor
  11. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

I am trying to get a pic of my boots as my avatar!!!!

12. neice

neice Bit Poster

Please don't smoothie. Don't think my stomach could take it........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. neice

neice Bit Poster

Hi Rosy and thanks for the welcome......... Seems to be over run by men in here doesn't it. Hope I can cope... They are all being very nice, even jakamoko.

Tripwire..... I had no idea what a module was till a couple of weeks ago. Glad someone else explained it to you.

Hopefully, my modules will be here tomorrow....... Typical though..... Have a busy weekend lined up.............

:D :D

14. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Heeey, Come on now, I don't deserve all this bad press :( I'm a nice guy really - even about to let the young Toto play on the Singing Kettle website :P

So come on, all - give a Jaka a break :wink:
    (yeah, right - till next time :wtf: )

15. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Were sorry Jakamoko these are for you :lol:

[​IMG]

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  16. neice

neice Bit Poster

Ahhhhhh. Being getting the violin out next.... Only kiddin'. Honest....... I'm sure you are really lovely.......... :D :D

Neice........

17. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

LOL !!!!! :P

Well done, guys - nice touch :P Best not let the Missus J catch sight of those :oops:

You all know I've got a much thicker skin than that anyway :wink: