Near Miss

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by tripwire45, Dec 4, 2003.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I got an e-mail and some calls from a recruiter back east. We had a hard time connecting because he tried me on my cell as I was driving to work and the signal dropped. After e-mail and phone tag, we finally connected. He needs a tech, A+ certified to do desktop support and help desk from January through June. I thought my ship had come in.

My ship sank when he read the part of the requirements that said "extensive knowledge of Windows NT and Novell". I've only been exposed to NT in school and even then, not that much. I've never touched a Novell machine. We said our "goodbyes" and he'll "keep me in mind" if something else comes up.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Never Mind Trip, everything happens for a reason, you ship will come in soon and sail you away to Technological Bliss

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Thanks, Derek. There's another recruiter that's supposed to be sending me some application forms for a project in January and I'm still on the backburner with Zial, so it's not a complete loss. The deadline of the book was extended a week due to production problems on their end. They can't get all the materials I'll need in time. That's probably good since I was pretty much having to produce two chapters a week just to make deadline. Now I'll have a bit of breathing room.

Wife has to work late tonight. My son Michael had the flu...stayed home from school but seems to feel better now (I'm still at work but just called home to check). Fortunately, being high school students, they're perfectly capable of making dinner so not only will they be fed but dinner will be ready when I get home. I'm just waiting for something to finish up then I'll get to go home. Last guy at his post, I suppose. Most of the building is empty now. I like to get out right at five because it get's spooky when most everyone is gone....even though I have a key card that gets me in and out of most places.

Certifications: A+ and Network+