National No Smoking Day Today

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Alex399, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

Only if your not reffering to shouting in any old lady's ear, you could give her a god damn Heart Attack :p

WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Don't 'could' or 'possibly' me. People who don't think there's a link should just shoot themselves now as a result of massive, brain0numbing stupidity. They're the same people who think Jeremy Clarkson 'makes some good points' whenever he opens his stupid fat trap.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Zeb, lots of people have smoked their entire lives and died at 80 of old ages, lots others die earlier with the cancer because they smoke. You said it your self there is a "link", that isn't the same as smoking will kill you.

I personally think it's disgusting that I should have to tolerate people getting drunk on a Friday night, winding their way home, disturbing me at the cash machine, shouting and swearing in the street, that does more damage a lot more quickly than smoking does, do you have the same opinion on drink?

I despise binge drinking a lot more than smoking.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  4. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

I was replacing your "would" word with words simply leaning equally towards yes and no, using the word "would" is implying that its very likely that you would die in 30 years of smoking, I beg to differ :rolleyes:

I can guarantee there is certainly a low percentage of smokers who have been smoking for 30 years and have died from an illness related to the effects of smoking, I would be looking at people starting in the age range of 16 to 30 which I think is a fair age range, none the less the amount of people who do die from smoking at early ages is still wrong but to work it out as a percentage I see it definatley as a "could" and not a "would"

"Would" would more suit a sentence such as "If I throw a rock at Jeremy Clarkson at his show I would get in trouble for it and I would feel bad for it" as I like Topgear and Jez is great although some of the comments he does make are ridiculous at times.

5. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

You get this at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon in Blackpool, and that's just the women!

Certifications: See signature
    WIP: MBA entry diploma
  6. westernkings

Wouldn't quite get away with it in the Teahouses of Brussels would you?

Can imagine you, sat there with your Waffles "Fakkin cum onnnn thennnn, yoou mug" :twisted:

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  7. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Yes I do. In fact, I have the same opinion on anything that f***s my day up - be that other people smoking, other people drinking to excess and smashing my car wing mirrors off, other people getting f***ed up on drugs and using that as an excuse to justify thieving, other people playing music out loud on their phones deliberately to piss people off - in short 'other' people behaving in selfish, arrogant or downright confrontational ways.

In fact, I'm about two incidents away from being at the top of the tower, taking aim on the first little dot...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  8. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

I'm from the north mate so my response would differ slightly! Think you have been watching too much Danny Dyer.
    I don't seem to notice many people hammered over here though, probably because i'm hammered!

9. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

Hahaha that made me laugh, your hammered right now I'm guessing :lol:

One too many for you mate :morebeer :alc

I have a tendancy to get hammered when I drink, at least 50% of the time when I go out for a drink but then I don't tend to go out drinking much these days maybe, me getting hammered so easily could be the reason :oops:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  10. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

Not yet mate, i'm still at work.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  11. westernkings

Or whatever these new fangled laid back Europeans call work, do you wear a beret Bri? :D

12. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

That makes you respectable then as long as your not on Jobseekers Allowance robbing Beers from Asda in your Nike Hoody :biggrin :p

13. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

Yes, that's all though, starkers except the beret, gets me a few funny looks but they are very open minded.
    How are you getting on in Gibraltar? Walking on all fours yet and lobbing your fecal matter at the tourists like the rest of the monkeys!?

14. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

It's usually 2 litre bottles of strongbow in my kappa tracksuit jacket.

15. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

Holy Smokes :eek: I only just bothered looking up where Gibraltar is, talk about being more cultured... I had an image of Gibraltar being a Lonesome Island up in the Outer Hebrides, so I guess you get all the nice weather there don't you :dry I'm well and truly jealous mate, the place looks great :D

16. westernkings

It's not fantastic weather, but it isn't bad either. You have to be able to enjoy the screech of ****ing mopeds at all hours... :D

17. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

The equalizer! (Couldn't resist)

Don't ya just love Fridays :D

Some strong opinions goin on . . . I hope you don't mind if I add mine. I think as long as what you are doing only effects you, its your life crack on.

I don't like smoking myself but I like a drink. I hate aggressive drunks tho, ohhhhh really winds me up.

@zeb, I know what you mean, its when other peoples vices start to impact upon you it winds you up. I must admit, the smokers I work with must have half an hour a day more break time than me easy, and people who damage property, get into fights or are abusive when drunk are A holes.

I'm a funny drunk. I work hard I play hard and I like to be social 8)

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  18. westernkings

No one cares about your opinion JK... GOD!!!! :D always ramming it down our throats, day in day out. :twisted:

19. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

Get a room lads.

20. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Eh, I've kept some good chatter going on on here I'll have you know and besides, CF is like my hobby to keep me sane in work! So you're stuck with me!

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs