N10-005 Passed!

Discussion in 'Network+' started by BB88, Aug 16, 2012.

1. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

One step closer to Australia! Scored a perfect 900. Was much easier than expected. The practice exam on the CompTIA website had me worried.

I used the study guide by Sybex, the Pearson Exam Cram, Professor Messer videos and Boson for practice tests.

Not sure whether to do the Security+ next or the 70-680. Any ideas chaps?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  2. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Well done with the pass, impressive score.

As for what to do next depends what you want to do I guess but for costs and more well known would go down the 70-680 route.

Certifications: A few.
  3. BB88

Thanks! I might leave the Security+ for a while then, as I can use that to renew my A+ and Network+ later on, from my understanding anyway.

On to the 70-680! :D

4. paulwatson5

paulwatson5 Byte Poster

Well done mate. I was studying the N10-004 but decided to hold off and do the N10-005 exam instead which im currently getting about 70% on practice exams so not too far off a pass. Just in a bit of a rut!!

How can you use the Security + to renew the A+ and Network +???

Certifications: CompTIA A+ (220-701 & 220-702)
    WIP: CompTIA Network +
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:beers2

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. BB88

Thanks, and good luck!

I remember reading it ages ago, and just found it on CompTIA http://www.comptia.org/Libraries/Certification_Documents/CE_FAQ.sflb.ashx

Hope this helps :D

7. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Well done, congratz on the pass. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  8. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Yeah, I never knew this, until it happened. But I can confirm that with CompTIA, when you pass the next certification down the track it renews your previous ones. I noticed after I passed the Net+ that the A+ had been reset. Looking now, I can see that A+, Net+ and Sec+ are all valid till July 2015, three years from the date of passing the Sec+ last month.
    As I understand it, I could maintain all of them by just passing the Sec+ again in 2015.

As a trainer, though, I don't benefit much from this as I'm pretty strongly expected to take whatever certification I'm likely to teach. Company pays though, so I'm okay with this - keeps me sharp and means I never lose sight of what it's like to be a student. LOT of exams though!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
    Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  9. toveyl

toveyl New Member

congratz on the pass