n00bie

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Steg, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Steg

Steg New Member

Hey Guys,
    I new here and I'll soon be starting a A+, N+, Cisco CCNA & CCNP course with SKILLStrain. Any advice/tips anyone can give me?

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Steg - welcome to CF. Keep your eyes open, your expectations realistic, your hunger for IT hungry, and your fridge stocked with beer.

Sorry - some more sensible suggestions may follow ...:oops:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Steg

Steg New Member

Can I also mention (because I forgot), that I've seen some of the bad reviews on the forum, (Yes, I was promised a job with a large wage as well). So, if you guys think this is a bad idea, do you have any ideas where else I could learn these's skills in the UK or what course would be better (he did try to stear me off from a MCSA). Thanks

4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Steg,

Welcome to CF, matey.

What i would say is think about what you expect to get for your hard earned money and ask if they can deliver that.

A+ is definately a good start and to be honest can be achieved by yourself, a book, an old PC and this great forum.

I also agree with what Gav has said. The most important thing is of course the well stocked fridge if beer. :biggrin

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Steg. Welcome to CertForums. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+