1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N+ Revision Material

Discussion in 'Network+' started by tech4life, Jul 24, 2011.

1. tech4life

tech4life Bit Poster

I have got the Sybex N+ 3rd Edition to help me get through my N+ exam. The customer reviews on Amazon are promising apart bar one.
    Just wondering what exam material people are using or have used to get their N+ qualification.

2. fliquid

fliquid Nibble Poster

I used the Mike Meyers book: CompTIA Network+ All-in-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition: Amazon.co.uk: Michael Meyers: Books

And also watched the Professor Messer videos: Professor Messer's Free CompTIA Network+ Certification Training Course | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Certification Training

I also had a quick flick through Todd Lammle's book.

Good luck =)

Certifications: MCDST, A+, N+, S+, ITIL v3F, 70-642
    WIP: CCENT
  3. tech4life

tech4life Bit Poster

The Mike Meyers books looks worth the buy. I have the A+ book from Mike Meyers and its really good.

How many hours a day/week did you spend revising and over what period did it take you to get your N+ cert?

I am looking to get my A+ passed in 6 weeks. I have just completed a 2 year BTEC Award/Certificate course with overall distinction, so I think 6 week may be possible with my previous knowledge.

4. fliquid

fliquid Nibble Poster

I was studying on average 6-8 hours a day. First I read the Meyers book, then watched all the Professer Messer videos.

Took me 3 weeks I think =)

A+ took me about 2 weeks. Did both exams on the same day. If you've got Summer holidays (and not much else planned), you could go crazy on the studying and whack it out in a few weeks! 8)

5. tech4life

tech4life Bit Poster

I work full time, so 6 to 8 hour is a no go for me, can manage 2 to 3 hours max throughout the week and possibly 4 to 5 weekends, to have a social life still :)

Really busy this summer as well with an Windows 7 installation on all 100+ laptops and 600+ desktops, server, AD and exchange migration. Its helping with aspects of my MCSE, MCITP, but its long, tiring days currently and to come :eek:

Thanks for information fliquid

6. fliquid

fliquid Nibble Poster

Woah, sounds like a busy summer indeed!

Let us know how you get on =)