N+ practice exams sale

Discussion in 'Network+' started by quuuaid, Nov 18, 2010.

1. quuuaid

quuuaid Nibble Poster

In case anyone's on the lookout for N+ practice exams, I just bought preplogic's 3-practice exam bundle for $30. According to their website, that's a reduction from $179. 8) I never used them myself, but from reading numerous posts they seem highly regarded so I'm pretty chuffed! Gonna start using them this weekend...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: Drupal, PHP
  2. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

I bought it last week, difficult exams comparing to others :)
    did annoying salesman from them call you as well? :)

Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  3. quuuaid

quuuaid Nibble Poster

Not heard anything from their Sales peeps yet and hopefully it'll stay that way!

I'll be glad if I find them (a little!) tough cuz if everything's "too" easy I get worried that I'm missing something! :eek:

4. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

I've used the PrepLogic exams for both parts of the A+, N+, and S+. I always find them challenging but I do learn and reinforce my learning by using them. I also use other vendors too. I guess the bundle deal in gone because I went and looked for it after your post and didn't find it.

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple
  5. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

do you find them more difficult than real exams?

Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  6. quuuaid

quuuaid Nibble Poster

I think Preplogic make their questions as difficult as possible to ensure that you're fully prepared for the exam.

I've also noticed that a handful of their questions in the suite I have, whilst still being relevant to networking in general, stray away from the N+ objectives as defined by CompTIA. So, for example, I'll have a question pop up about a protocol or device that isn't specifically mentioned in the CompTIA objectives nor any N+ textbook I've read. If I encounter questions like that and can't answer them, I just try and take them into account when looking at my scores and learn from the detailed explanations.

On the whole, if you're scoring above the pass mark on these test exams you should be alright. On the A+ I used Meyers' exams that came with the AIO book and Exam Cram and did fine in both real exams.

7. ManniX

ManniX Bit Poster

I may be wrong but I believe CompTIA also do this in the real exams, they are unmarked questions though so they don't matter at all - like you say if it's not on the objectives you don't need to know it.

I used preplogic tests for the A+ and I found them one of the hardest practice exams, closely followed by transcender. Lots of carefully worded questions and very similar answers that makes you really have to read and re-read it. Good for learning but I found the real exam less tricky.

Anyway, price is up to $55 now so still good but $30 was a steal for the OP.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+.. I guess?
  8. quuuaid

quuuaid Nibble Poster

You're right, they state that explicitly in the exam material. Although I reckon there are probably more questions like that in the practice exams though! :biggrin

Nevermind, $55's still a decent slice off the full price. Are you gonna try to take the N+ before the Jan '11 cutoff for the "lifetime" cert? Either way, good luck with your studies!