N+ exam

Discussion in 'Network+' started by pj, Jan 2, 2007.

1. pj

pj Bit Poster

Can someone please just clarify that the N+ exam is 100% multiple choice, just read somewhere that it isnt. sorr.y if this has been asked a million times

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+ CCNA
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Its 100% multipe choice. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Then it's changed. I think there were some drag-and-drop items as well where you have to match terms and other items where you have to indicate a certain point on a network diagram (such as, given a certain scenario, where would be the most likely network bottleneck?).

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I didn’t get any drag-and-drop style questions but maybe that was just my luck on the day.

No Microsoft style simulation questions unless there has been major changes since I took the Network+ exam! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

PJ,

I would contact Comptia direct for clarification. They can take a few days to reply, but at least you will know for sure.

When I took the exam they were all multiple choice.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

And when I took N+ all the questions were multiple choice.

Some of the practice exams I did were drag'n'drop, but I assumed that was 'artistic license'! :biggrin

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  7. cjd

cjd Bit Poster

hi,

i took my N+ exam early december, and it was purely multiple choice, quite a lot of troubleshooting questions though:)

Certifications: HND, A+, Network+
    WIP: MCDST
  8. Steve.L

Steve.L Byte Poster

Did mine in November, totally multichoice and only 1 answer per question no multiples (which is nice).

Steve

Certifications: N+, MCP, MCTS, RHCT, VCP4 and 5, RHCSA
    WIP: ccna
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter whether they're multiple choice or not... if you truly know the material, it doesn't matter how they ask the questions, right? ;) And that's the important part... whether you know the material.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Heed these words boys and girls.The exam may include the 'drag and drop' and 'point & identify' type graphical questions and that is from the horses mouth.

Certifications: A+ Network+
  11. G1BB0

G1BB0 Nibble Poster

I think the same goes for any subject/course undertaken, if you dont know the subject well enough then regardless what the format is you will struggle

that covers everything from driving test through to mcp's, N+

the only thing you can fumble your way through is life lol (I am doing a great job of that lmao)

WIP: N+ & CCNA
  12. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

This is the important bit.
    The testing companys reserve the right to change it all at any time they want. This means that someone can tell you it's all multiple choice and the day you go in the have changed it all to drag and drop. If you know the material then you can go in and take whatever they throw at you and walk away happy.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  13. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Well my A+ exams had drag and drop questions, so chances are they will be in the N+ exams

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house