1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N+ changed... great lol

Discussion in 'Network+' started by G1BB0, Nov 18, 2006.

1. G1BB0

G1BB0 Nibble Poster

I am doing N+ and ccna through skillstrain (see other threads)

I submitted my 1st tutor assignment last week but today received the new revised N+ study material for N+ windows server 2003

I didnt know the N+ was server2003 or is this correct? I assume it is or they wouldnt be using it but I was looking online for some extra study material and couldnt find anything related to N+ windows server 2003

ty in advance

at least it shows they are providing updates to material where required so not a bad thing at all
    WIP: N+ & CCNA
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

The Network + doesn’t focus on a particular OS, it’s more to do with Networking principles.

You need to know the protocols on which each platform can communicate. For example Windows generally works over TCP\IP. However Novel *can* run over IPX/SPX and therefore Windows could use NWLink for compatibility. You can find all of this in the properties of your LAN connection.

Why not download the latest Network+ objectives from the CompTIA website? 8)
    Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Sounds like they may have put their own sylabus together, but as Sparky has said- N+ is vendor neutral.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. G1BB0

G1BB0 Nibble Poster

It covers all the same material from the last 'stuff' i received, it just covers more integration with server2003 in certain areas, I think the old one had a lot more ntserver/windows200 based info.

I already have the network+ objectives and other learning material anyway.

not arsed either way as I know 75% of the objectives already, just need to hone my knowledge on my weaker areas and I am ready to rock and roll with the exams

bring it on :P
    WIP: N+ & CCNA