N+ and Then Where?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Rane, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Rane

Rane New Member

Hi, all.

I'm working toward my N+ certification. I've just bought a couple of books and will shortly be looking for some Question A Day sites to keep my brain ticking over. My plan is to get N+ certified within a few months but since there seems to be a great deal of certification upheaval about lately, I was wondering what the experts were recommending.

Over to you!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nick

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'd say your plan is a good one. If you can get it by 12/31, all the better.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I would suggest that you could do the N+ before the end of the year (failure to do so would see you having to recertify every three years to keep current).

After the N+?? well what do you want to do? Just Networking (in which case I would suggest the CCNA) or are you getting the N+ as a good grounding for general support? If you're getting it as a good grounding then you need to get something like the MCDST or Windows Vista\7 Support exams done.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. Rane

Rane New Member

Many thanks for your answers! :)

Does anybody have any advice as to who to book the N+ exam through?

WIP: N+
  5. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Pearson Vue or prometric:D

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  6. Rane

Rane New Member

Many thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2010