1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N+ and CCNA studying material

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Johnny Royale, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Johnny Royale

Johnny Royale Bit Poster

I'm going to be taking the N+ a little later in the year, maybe beggining of next and was wondering what peoples thoughts were on studying some CCNA material whilst studying and going for the N+.

Do any of you guys think this would help or be a bit too specific to the one technology and not really help with the N+ studies?

My intention is to go for CCNA at some point but at the moment I'm planning to go for N+ and then follow this up with MCSA 2008 so the CCNA may be a little far off.

Cheers

JR

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCSA Server 2008
  2. Nicko

Nicko New Member

Johnny, your studying for both at the same time?

3. Johnny Royale

Johnny Royale Bit Poster

No I'm studying for the N+ soon but would like to go for the CCNA and was interested to know if anyone had any thoughts on whether studying some of the CCNA material along with N+ would be a good idea or whether it would be better to just focus on the N+ material an then follow-up with the CCNA.

JR

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCSA Server 2008
  4. B33 ENN

B33 ENN Nibble Poster

I'm studying CCNA Exploration and would say that the first semester module (Network Fundamentals) definitely crosses over a lot with the Network+ material. I was going to ignore N+ in favour of CCNA, but now feel that I could pick it up along the way as an interim to the final CCNA certification.

Certifications: ECDL, ECDL Expert | Cisco ITE | CompTIA Strata, A+ | Microsoft MTA Operating System, MTA Server Administration | CCNA Exploration
    WIP: CompTIA Network+ | Microsoft MCSA Windows 7, Server 2012 | Cisco CCENT, CCNA
    deep_logic likes this.