N+ an update.

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Stuka, May 13, 2009.

1. Stuka

Stuka Nibble Poster

For those interested. :)

I've decided to book my test for the 22nd of May. I've read the Groth book, I've read certain areas of the Meyers AIO book, and now I have to be honest and say that the Network+ is starting to really get on my nerves. I've finding it very hard to study, especially after being at work all day, and I've reached a decision that I just want to get it over and done with.

When I did the A+, I found that quite interesting. But the Network+, well, I just can't seem to get "into it". Aspects of the qualification have been interesting to read about I admit, but there are parts that I just cannot get enthuiastic about (like Interoparibility between NOSs).

I'd say at this point I'm about 65% positive that I'll pass. I really just want to get it out of the way with before the 31st of July.

Did anyone else find the N+ really hard to revise for. Maybe not in terms of content, but rather in terms of just generally being able to "pick things up and make it stick"?

Certifications: IT 2:1 Degree, A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck for your exam :)

Personally no, as I was already working with networks. However I didn't get a great score on it either, but as they say "a pass is a pass" :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Good Luck with the exam.:D

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  4. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I've been having trouble getting into studying as well but I think thats largely because I know I won't be ready before the 31st (I'm off on holiday for 2 weeks apart from anything else). I'm hoping the arrival of the study material for the '09 exam will be the kick start I need.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  5. jamin100

jamin100 Byte Poster

Which books cover the 09 N+?

WIP: 70-680
  6. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

I have also had problems studying after the AIO Mike Meyers. I preffer a more focused book on the exact study material. I now follow Mike Meyers Passport +. Much better...:)

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  7. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I'm in a similar situation. Read the books, understand the concepts but finding some things difficult to memorise.
    I've just started to work my way through the objectives, after noting which chapters in the Groth and Meyers books cover each one first. Hopefully this will focus my attention on the objectives I'm not 100% on and cut down on the time I spend reviewing material I have no need to review.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  8. markmand

markmand Bit Poster

I find all certification studies hard going, perhaps I am in the wrong business!! anyone know of a job where I can sit and read fantasy books. I am finding it hard to find time to finish my Brent Weeks Triliogy :biggrin between all the study time.

Got 807 in my 220-601 last week, will do 602 in a couple of weeks

Certifications: HNC- Computing, MCAS Word , MCP 70-290
    WIP: 220-602
  9. Kapro

Kapro New Member

Not really.

I'm new to the IT world. I have spend many many many hours to cement the A+ stuff in my grey mass.
    The result being I have made a strong base. This is paying off now. Many of the stuff for N+ I have already studied.

Planning my exam for next week. Wish me luck.

For outstanding technotes look here: http://www.techexams.net/co_netplus.shtml

The site is "safe" according to CertGuard.

Good luck with your exam.

Certifications: CompTia A+, Network+, MCDST, Itil v3
  10. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

N+ when I tried to do it, found it so dull. I know a hell of alot of it allready as I been working in I.T. for 3 years and have a networking degree its just memorising all the annoying bits like cabling standards, types etc.

It is hard to study when you been at work all day but half an hour a night is not difficult if you can knuckle down and your doing it for a job during the day.

Yawn, maybe one day!

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.