My website.

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by Nailbomb, Aug 25, 2005.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

While you may think the name is a very good one, and it means something to you, you're not the one whom the name really has to appeal to. If you're in business your business name reflects on you and people will judge you by your business name. Thus, if you pick a name that will offend people, or that many people will have no reference point to other than the words Nail and bomb, which collectively leave a less-than-wonderful picture in peoples minds, then you are turning away customers before you ever get a chance to show your skills.

Now, if you think advice designed to help you understand that a name like that isn't particularly attractive to the public at large, and many people will find outright offensive, is worthless then you have a lot to learn when it comes to being in business, dealing with the public, and being professional in general. Just the name of a business alone can adversely affect its profitability if the name is not something that the general public can relate to and understand.

The fact that you have received as much negative response as you have from the name ought to tell you something. Here's what that something is: It's not a good name for a business that needs to appeal to businessmen and people outside the "thrash rock", whatever that is, community.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

without trying to give myself a pat on the back, (ahum... okay okay, i am), but i thought i gave you some outstanding pointers. ah well, maybe someone else will read and use them.

3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well I certainly learnt something from what you posted d-faktor csszengarden is quite unbelievable IMHO. I have just got to get into css, I have been meaning to for years but I didn't even realise it was so powerful. Thank you!

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Aye
    I to am now in the process of validating all my pages for XHTML 1.0/Strict and then learning some proper CSS to deploy over the top, a worthy thread in all :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. Dream_In_Infrared

Dream_In_Infrared Nibble Poster

To clarify 'Nailbomb' is the name of a band.

Certifications: None :(
    WIP: A+