My vtc.com CD review

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by spy22, May 16, 2009.

1. spy22

spy22 Byte Poster

Ok guys

Just thought a would express my views on the vtc software I recently bought!!

POSITIVES:

1. Found the visual and oral presentation so easy to follow and its obviously great that you can pause, rewind, replay, repeat sections etc...

2. For my personal preference and study techniques it was alot more entertaining than reading that damn microsoft book haha

3. I found/am finding the way they break it all down so easy to understand and some sections I have struggled on have been explained in a matter of 10-15 mins!

4. After watching the CD I have gone back to practice questions and have found them alot easier to understand so it must be doing something right!

5. Will be great for reference in the future.

NEGATIVES:

1. Although it has been very helpful, £98 (including P&P) is far too expensive with regards to what you actually get, ok the knowledge is priceless in the long run so I am contradicting myself as I would buy another one but the CD could be put together by anyone with IT know how and is nothing special

2. I wish I had bought it at the start of MCDST training, if your at the end or near exam great for last min refreshers but not worth getting just for that as you wont get enough out of it

3. You will NOT get any scenario based questions or exam type questions, it is meerly knowledge with a few pointers where he might say, 'if you were doing this you might use......' etc

4. I know the MCDST is a very basic qual but with some of the training areas I wish had been in more detail but that is where I have had to google something. (not a huge point but worth mentioning)

Hope this helps? Any questions please ask!

My general thoughts are that even though I have said the software was expensive I would definately buy it again but would make sure I was starting a fresh unit and had my pen and pad and google window open to aid the training.

Thanks guys.

P.S

If anyone is thinking of buying the CD ask me first I will pass it on for fraction of the price hehe:)

Certifications: Its who you know not what you know!!!
    WIP: CCNA?
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Nice rounded review :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Rik

Rik Nibble Poster

Thanks for the helpful information :)

4. mattytwig

mattytwig New Member