My Story so far!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by alexdc12, Sep 26, 2011.

1. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

When i was a young boy i had a love of IT, i left school to do a 2 year GNVQ Advanced IT Course and to be honest it was crap! i got a job in the building trade and carreid on there for 10 years. Last december i decided enough was enough and completed my A+ and N+ in the early part of this year, i applied for 100's of jobs and looked set to get a great one for Yell but it fell through, since then i had a few interviews and nothing, i got invited to the geek squad but later declined that offer as the money wasnt great and it wasnt where i wanted to be. In July i started a 3 month contract (My First IT Job) and have thoroughly enjoyed myself, i basically been doing the renewal program for a Big Company, I have had lots of positive feedback from the end users and management so much so that i have been offered a job now on the service desk starting @ 23.5K.
    Im over the moon with this and at times i wanted to give up because i was getting no interest, was it because i was in a totally different working environment for 10 years? Was i underqualified for the jobs i was applying for? Who knows?! All i know now is that all the hard work and not knowing has paid off! So my advice to anyone is keep on going, send off thousands of CV's and last of all NEVER give up!

Thanks to all the people here who have helped me to with advice and what not, and to Jaron78 for telling me about this community!

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Major congrats:D

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Cheers
    NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Great story Alexdc12,

I'm glad you got a job, its all that much better when you've been trying so hard. Good luck with it and keep us posted!

8)

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I remember when you first signed on to cert forums and stated your career aspirations. Congrats on landing a role in IT and best wishes for the future as hard work and persistence always pays off in the long run.

Best wishes and keep us posted on your progress. Well done and happy for you:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good stuff! Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Aww thanks mate :biggrin
    Glad your enjoying it and as I said, something will turn up.

Just been confirmed as being a full time employee at Kalamazoo (was 20th Sept but Boss has been away) so will do a seperate post and update this evening.

Well done mate :D

7. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

cheers mate! i got six month probation! well done with yours!

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation