My Schedule

Discussion in 'A+' started by Gav, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

A+ Essentials - Wednesday 8th April
    A+ IT Technician - Thursday 9th April
    Network+ 2007 Edition - Friday 1st May

Unfortunately they're all 10am appointments, but that's all they had left.

Wish me luck, been preparing for these on and off for over a year now :biggrin

Wanted to ask you all, what happens on the day? I turn up, fill in a few forms, then go and sit down and do the exam? What happens if I finish early?

Thanks,

Gav

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You take a couple of forms of ID atleast one with a photo. You fill in a form asign the NDA. You are then taken to your room or booth after handing your personal possesions over (some places have a locker in the room). You are then given a pen and board so you can write some notes down.

The person then starts the test for you, you then read some NDA stuff and glossary of terms page and when you press next the test begins.

You can leave whenever your finished and you will get the congrats screen or fail screen, you do not have to sit around till the time runs out. When your finished you just go back to the people and they will give you your stuff back and a copy of a sheet that tells you which areas you need to brush up on.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

you also need to sign in and out your wipeboard so those nasty braindumpers don't get a hold of actual questions.
    You're also not allowed to take in your phone, wallet etc. Pretty much anything except the clothes you stand up in. Fortunately I only live 15 mins away from my local centre so for my 2nd exam I took nothing extra, except my brain (fortunately) and my jacket (as it turns out, fortunately).
    My personal belongings were in another room from me so I made sure my jacket was the only thing I had to hand over the 2nd time.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Thanks, it's appreciated :biggrin

5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Busy Schedule, best of luck with all 3! Let us know how you get on. 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

wow, that's a busy schedule! Best of luck with all three!

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  7. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

I've had to cancel the essentials tomorrow on the off chance that I might not be able to make it. I've been told, however, by the testing centre that as long as nobody takes the slot in the meantime, I can rebook it :D