my questions do not end.. get ready(Internet with desktop and a notebook)

Discussion in 'Networks' started by kobem, Sep 2, 2008.

1. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

After my last service call my ISP suddenly started MAC locking my PC, I had to make my router spoof the PC MAC address to make it work !

Bloody ISPs ! :dry

2. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

this is awesome

Certifications: CCNA
  3. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

oh man what is cable wireless router?

Certifications: CCNA
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

That is absolute gold, most certainly a keeper!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

A cable modem with wireless capabilities.

See here

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

[​IMG]

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Qs

LMAO....What more can I say?

Classic BM post. +rep. :biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  8. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

You're on fire today mate

Hope you don't mind, I've saved that image for future use!

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  9. Qs

I hasten to think how much rep BM has from this thread alone. lol

Probably more than his more imformative posts.

All well deserved though :p

10. BosonMichael

I don't mean to be harsh, and if I come across that way, I apologize. I'm simply gobsmacked (wow, I sound like a Brit!) that anyone could get a Masters and not know the basics... not even know the terminology. I can understand not having an understanding of how to actually implement advanced concepts that take years of real-world experience to get a handle on... but this stuff is covered in the first few chapters of every Network+ book! :ohmy :( Yet Kobe continues to ask simple networking questions on this forum, but refuses to help himself. I don't understand it, I really don't. :unsure

If you guys had experience I lacked, and you told me I needed to work on something, and you gave me a clear path to get there... I'd do it, ya know? Giving the same advice over and over with the hope that he will someday listen is the only way I know to help. To address a lack of networking knowledge, you should study networking... it's really that simple. Am I missing something here, guys?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  11. Qs

Nope. (bar a Gold membership ;)) Spot on.

12. BosonMichael

Based on current rep-granting power:
    5 different users granting a total of 7 reps (no user granting more than 2 reps) across 3 different replies, totalling 222 reputation points.

13. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Don't think you're being harsh at all. You've got to try different ways fo getting a message across until it finally does. I found that very amusing

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  14. Qs

I was generalising! :p

But thanks for the response.

I've also realised that I originally spelt informative with 2 m's. lol

15. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

This may sound harsh, as soon as kobem re-appeared I put him back on my ignore list, I got fed up of trying to drill it into him to go back to basics get some books and improve his knowledge, that way what is left of my sanity is left intact.

Sorry if it hurts you kobem, as I have said many times to you, listen to what people are saying to you and stop going on the defensive, we are all trying to help you, well the rest of you are :D

I'll only take you off my ignore list when you acknowledge the fact that you don't really know much and you will start taking onboard what people say for your own benefit. You are tackling subjects way beyond your comprehension, it isn't the language barrier either.

I won't be able to see your reply, I just wanted to get this off my chest, in case people think I'm being ignorant.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  16. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Attached Files:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  17. BosonMichael

Well, the rep just shows that perhaps I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

I like to imform you guys. :D

18. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Ok. Any other *topic related* comments? :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  19. BosonMichael

You mean, other than the last four pages worth? 8)

20. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I was trying to be patient. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+