My online community site

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Frontier, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

I have been given permission Gav to add this.

I have been working on an online community site called Stormychat.
    Please feel free to check it out and tell me what you think so far. The address is http://www.stormychat.com/ it is an online community with a range of forums for chatting and making lots of friends in a friendly welcoming environment. There are also lots of games available on both the main page and forums section. If you would check it out (and possibly register) and let me know your opinions it would be much appreciated. There is alot of work that needs doing on the main page, the reason for this is because I have started putting together a new design, and as a result some services are not available for a few days, feel free to make any suggestions as well :D

2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Stormychat has been created with the aim of *provided* (providing) a new community experience bringing you the best in *online* (on-line) entertainment. We are a friendly welcoming community where you can chat in our exclusive range of message boards to people from all walks of life in a pleasant friendly atmosphere that does not *tolreate* (tolerate) abuse and bullying under *no* (any - double negative) circumstances. If chatting and making friends in an *online* (on-line) chat community is what you enjoy, *signup* (sign up) today as Stormychat has all you need. Please read our Site Rules before accessing the forums and adhere to these at all times (full stop)

This is a copy and paste of the first paragraph in your home page. I think punctuation, spelling and grammar are important, IMHO you should get someone to proof read your content before it is posted.

Otherwise the layout is cool, good luck!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

This is probably because the site is still being worked on, but I noticed on the members gallery page that at least some of the photos were distorted. I thought maybe they were just thumbnails but those were the full-sized photos.

I may have missed it but there didn't seem to be any navagation buttons on the forums page that would take you to other parts of the site. Same with the free e-cards but then that page seemed to lead to another site altogether.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

Ive corrected it lol sorry I rushed it I think

5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Best of luck :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

This section is still in development

Again, still in development and we are still getting used to the forum software :biggrin

7. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

although I have been learning html and css for some time that this is the first proper site I have put together and it has not been easy for me, and there is still alot to do, I know that :biggrin

8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

No need to apologise to me.

The page reads much better now! Remember though, a good site is one where the content is compelling. The design is nowhere near as important as the content but you seem to be focusing on the design and not giving the content it's due consideration.

A lot of people will be put off by misspelled words and poor grammar, so I am just suggesting that you give it a bit more thought.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

so is anyone guna join? (sorry gav remove this if you think im being cheeky asking) lol :biggrin

10. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

ok ok! i've joined and it does seem pretty cool, but i have one tiny suggestion.

can you add a small blank banner to the bottom of the pages?

not sure why but i find it slightly off putting, other than that, great work mate!

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  11. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

which pages are you talking about m8? explain lol