my first IT job! :-)

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by myfunkieststrole, Apr 21, 2007.

1. myfunkieststrole

myfunkieststrole New Member

hi all, im new here and only just joined the forum a little while ago. just wanted to say how great this forum is and how helpful its been to me.

After two months of searching through home learning courses (and avoiding a few cowboys methinks) i decided to go with advent. for which i was declined a career development loan. arghhh!!!!

So, in a fit of rage i decide all the home learning agencies can get lost and ill do it all myself....hey im a pacifist, thats about as 'LOCO' as i get lol.

I got the books for the A+. i followed the brilliant guides in employment and jobs; for the killer cv, job hunting advice and interview preparation (thankyou tripwire45, arisen and AJ!) and applied for several local jobs, one being a lowly salesman at a computing company. hey experience is experience.

i didnt get the job because my post got there late, but i got an email back from there HR dept 4 days later about a tech assistant. had an interview and written test - damn cant remember the questions- but i must have passed cause i start next week :-D

so now i can book a date for my a+ while im doing a job i think ill really enjoy, even though the pay is nothing to brag about i don't mind. i even think the hands on will help me through the test.

right been rambling long enough, just wanted to tip my hat and maybe give some hope to people who are in a similar position to me and thought it was impossible to land an entry level IT job with nothing but hobbyist experience. (and charm lol)

what can i say, thankyou certforums!

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: having a go at programming C++
  2. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations on the job - sometimes fortune appears in different guises - I fell into my first IT 1st line role a year ago by accident, it's a great feeling when it happens - and it can happen by pure luck sometimes :)

Enjoy the experience - I have!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Congratulations on getting hired, myfunkieststrole. Good luck on the job. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Good job, mate.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations :beers2

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congratulations and best wishes on the new job:D

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. pingo0000

pingo0000 Bit Poster

You really give a hope to the rest of us, unemployed ones :)

All the best!

Certifications: Network+
    WIP: MCDST, CCNA
  9. Morne Louw

Morne Louw Byte Poster

Good luck man!!!

Certifications: ECDL, OCN Level 2 HTML, A+,MCDST,70-270
    WIP: MCSA/MCSE
  10. mindisfine

mindisfine New Member

:D Always is difficult to get in. After that will be easier, because You will have experience in IT which is necessary. Good luck :thumbleft :super

11. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the job, I hope you do well.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA