My first Interview ! Any advice please??

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by nellyp123, May 21, 2007.

1. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

Just thought i would let you all know that i have managed to get me first interview for a part-time web designer working for a fashion design company.
    They said i could work two or three days a week and possibly work from home ( that would be nice) And if things work out....in other words if they start making money from there web site, then a full time position is on the cards. The best thing about this is that they said they are going to train me in the graphic design applications they use such as photoshop, adobe go-live and illustrator. They have their own in house graphic designer and they need someone with basic web design skills and alot of motivation.....so fingers crossed.?:super

Certifications: CIW Professional
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Kewl beans, mate. Especially about the training. I'm having to "wing it" learning FrameMaker and Flash and the jillions of other technological curve balls Adobe keeps tossing at me. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Good luck mate, just make sure your honest about your skills, and make sure they're aware of your eagerness to learn!

Let us know how it goes :biggrin

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

NO!!!! Didn't get the job, which is a shame as it looked a nice place to work.
    Not gonna give up but,will wait until i get another cert before applying for jobs. Now working on my first web site so that can be the start of my portfolio.

Thanks for the support anyway peeps....:cry:

Certifications: CIW Professional
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

They're not all winners. At least you're getting interviews. That's a good sign. Stiff upper lip. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Unlucky mate, plenty of plus points though as you have gained some valuable interview experience and also your C.V must be doing the business to get you to the interview stage.

Best of luck for the next interview! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs