1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First Day

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Queeg, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Queeg

Queeg Bit Poster

First I'd like to get the cliché yet necessary speech out of the way :biggrin. Thank you all to those who gave me interview tips and overall sound advice. I got a job last wednesday as a Customer Support Engineer. Today was my first day, and it was good! The people there are so relaxed and everyone just acts like they're all close friends. The phones were a bit quiet so they let me take a crack at fixing some of the computers that came in for repair.

The pay is pretty bad but I don't care, I'm finally in the job that I've been looking for. I think the key is getting along with your future employer, he was interested in my personality and what I could do, not just what I have done on paper.

It took me two months but I'm sure you already know it was worth the wait.

Cheers.

Certifications: MCTS, MCDST, A+, Network+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done, it sounds good hopefully I will get the jon I had an interview for today.

Don't forget your 3 day report :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Sounds like a good first day to me! :)

You'll be looking back in a few months wondering where all the time went, it will fly past. 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012