1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my first 3 days at work

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by 808, Mar 16, 2005.

1. 808

808 Nibble Poster

just to let you all know my first 3 days at work were great.i am currently fixing laptops and other than putting a long screw in a short hole and frying a motherboard everything is fine.the other workers are pretty helpful and it is a good laugh although it is a lot to take in at the moment(especially the paperwork).i am quickly getting into it and i am enjoying it a lot.we work on a bonus per computer system as well as basic wage so it gets a bit fast going trying to fix more laptops to make more money but i am quickly gaining speed so hopefully i will get a big bonus soon. :D

Certifications: none yet
    WIP: A+,N+
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Great to hear it 808 :)

Can you say what company it is, or would that be frowned upon ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. 808

808 Nibble Poster

no probs m8.the company is compal(and not compaq as i stated in another post).a massive company and hopefully one i can work my way up in.

Certifications: none yet
    WIP: A+,N+
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Glad they are able to take the "growing pains" in stride. There probably isn't a tech who's been at the job more than 10 seconds who hasn't fried a CPU or a motherboard or caused some similar "disaster". Glad it's turning out to be a good thing for you thus far. I like threads like this since they can be a look forward to those who have yet to land their first job in IT. Kudos.

Certifications: A+ and Network+