my expensive 70-270

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by silentjess, Feb 19, 2008.

1. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I think the thing to focus on is whether or not, something appears in the exam, it will appear at some point in real life.

Congratulations on the pass by the way.

Also for the next exam I would revise from 2 sources (either books, technet, CBTs) and also take test exams from 2-3 sources, for example, my CBT course (70-291) does exams which are mostly ip and dns, which i got a high score on, and the mspress one did loads of routing and ipsec stuff, which id not really covered at that point in any great detail, so got a lower score, but im grateful for that because it shows where my strengths and weaknesses lie, and i can correct them before i fork out the pennies.

Also nothing beats loading up a 30 day trial and actually doing the stuff, helps me remember for tests and real life (which is more important imo)

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  2. sangstar

sangstar Bit Poster

totally agree, while revising for my 270 i read loads, but i also spent two days physically practising on virtual pc, it definitely helped me understand things better, and helped me remember because i had done the task.

well done passing. i passed with 810 and would have preferred more, but i rather have a pass, then have failed it.

Certifications: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional (70-270), Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment (70-290), Configuring Microsoft Windows Vista Client (70-620), CCNA
    WIP: CCNP, MCSA: Server 2012
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

They're right: a pass is a pass. Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass. :thumbleft

As for the money thing, I got kicked in the teeth by failing my first MCP exam. I made sure after that to study and know enough that it doesn't happen again, second shot voucher or not.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685