My cv, why i am not hearing anything??

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by orangepeeleo, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Needs some work mate, from reading your CV I don’t even know that you are looking for a job in IT.

1st point: Get a personal statement at the start of your CV that highlights what skills you have that
    can relate to a job in IT.

2nd point: Sort out the education part. Why do you start way back in 1988 when all the IT related stuff is listed later on.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Please start a new thread if you haven't already. It will be a pain to advice 2 people in one thread.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  3. orangepeeleo

orangepeeleo Nibble Poster

Right, thanks everyone for all the help and advice, specially LukeP and SimonD, i now have a, imo, very very close to finished cv, tbh when i looked at simon's version of mine i was very impressed and tried to take bits of it and change things on my own but i think in the end i've just ended up taking the whole thing :D, the way he wrote my exp up was just so much better than mine that i couldnt leave any of it out! so thanks simon, the finished ones attached, if anybody thinks it could be even better then your welcome to chime in, but i'm happy with it and confident again of finding my first job outside the armys.

Attached Files:

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  4. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Much better CV there. I was thinking though, these recruitment agents tend to use word searches on CV to identify CVs to look at and pass onto their clients - what do the congregation here think of adding a few more buzz words to get picked up??

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  5. Adzmobile

Adzmobile Nibble Poster

Where is the CV? I would like to have a look if possible :) Thanks.

Certifications: Commvault Administrator, CCNA, ITILv3, CCA for XenApp 6, CCAA for XenApp 6.5, CCA for XenDesktop 5, CCA for NetScaler 9.2, CCA for XenServer 6,VMware VCP5, VSTP 5, HP SMB Storage, Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer (CCEE), EMCISA, VCAP-DCA
    WIP: DCUCI
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Er, follow the link in the posts...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. Adzmobile

Adzmobile Nibble Poster

Sorry i meant for SimonD... i couldn't see the link on the 2nd reply.

Certifications: Commvault Administrator, CCNA, ITILv3, CCA for XenApp 6, CCAA for XenApp 6.5, CCA for XenDesktop 5, CCA for NetScaler 9.2, CCA for XenServer 6,VMware VCP5, VSTP 5, HP SMB Storage, Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer (CCEE), EMCISA, VCAP-DCA
    WIP: DCUCI
  8. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Here you go, my CV's, I use the one titled Simon_Blank_Resume now days

Attached Files:

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  9. maverick81

maverick81 Bit Poster

Please let us know if your job hunting improves, I'm off to re-write my CV using Simon and Luke's tips

Thanks guys !

WIP: MCITP Server 2008 Administrator
  10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Simons blank resume is laid out a lot like mine just has a lot more detail in it because of his experience level.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  11. frankcastle

frankcastle Bit Poster

I don't think you must should too worried about it. look for better keyword such as "Resume for Military for Entering Civilian Work Force" to type in google and you will surely get better results. look for exampleresumes.org site and look into situational resume examples link. I hope you will get some thing useful info.

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: CCNA