My Certforums Success Story

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zimbo, Oct 16, 2006.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Most of you around here have got to know me but this story isnt for you its for you guys joining the forum and trying to get into IT and im hoping you around my age (18-21). I joined this forum just over a year ago with just an ICDL and an in house A+cert... i landed my 2nd job in IT in Cyprus where I live and the world landed at my feet. I cant remember how i came across this forum but im glad and I did because you see all those MCPs in my name this place helped... from simongrahamuk getting me to choose MCDST as an elective to freeloader aka freddy to putting debian linux in my hands (i built a linux file server!) to guys and girls!! who got me thorugh my other 2 exams. If you wanting to get into IT and starting out... think of self study if you not sure what im talking about click on this link http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11894 - i wrote that too not to say dont use companies but to show you it wont cost you money to learn, it cost me nothing! I want to say thanks to the lot of you who have helped me during my cert studies - thanks! Right now im not studying for my certs even though i got one exam to become an MCSA - im in london studying for a degree in Computer Networks - useless some say but one year ago i was a nothing now i got 1 1/2 years experience nearly 2 microsoft certs.. linux exposure and i got plenty of things i want to learn... i remember when i first joined people kept saying IT isnt money and I now know what it feels like... to suceed in IT today you got to WANT TO do it and not make money out of it (even though a rise every now and then would be good)....

So here is to CF and all you lot... :clap :slidedrin :alc :thumbleft

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Good post mate, sounds like your in IT for the right reasons, don’t stress about the £££, with the right attitude and determination you can earn a good living from IT. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Zimbo you are an inspiration to us all, newbies and people like me that have been around the block a few times already 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Zimbo,

Glad things are working out well for you.
    Good luck for the future :thumbleft
    Thank you for all your hard work on the forum, you are hope for all of us.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Nice one mate, keep up the good work :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong