my A+ exam this week

Discussion in 'A+' started by ParviJatt, Sep 8, 2007.

1. ParviJatt

ParviJatt Bit Poster

Hello, i have my A+ 601 exam this week, anyone got any last min advice that can help me??

Thanks in advance, and keep it real

:) 8)

2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good luck on the exam. Are you doing any last minute reviews? practice tests?

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

Hello ParviJatt,

only a few words of advice, read through your notes make sure your confident on the material, this will allow you to be more relaxed in the exam, and 2, get a good night sleep before so your mind is fresh for the exam.

Also in the exam take the time you've got to read the questions, might sound silly but the number of test exam questions I've gotten wrong because I didn't read what the question was actually asking for.

oh and lastly good luck mate:)

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  4. ParviJatt

ParviJatt Bit Poster

Hi all

thanks for the advice,

just wanted to ask, if you have a question which has more than one answer, just say you get 1 right and 1 wrong, do you get marked down, or do you still get a mark for the right one (1 out of 2)

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

CompTIA doesn't reveal whether they give partial scoring or not. However, it has been my experience with CompTIA, Microsoft, and Cisco that multiple choice questions are either all right or all wrong - no partial scoring is provided.

Don't worry so much on the scoring... you'll be better off directing that nervous energy to focusing on reading the questions carefully. It doesn't matter if they give partial credit or not, it doesn't matter how many questions they ask you, it doesn't matter what kind of questions are on the exam, and it doesn't matter what the passing score is... If you understand the concepts, you should be able to answer the questions correctly. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Another piece of advice besides what's already been posted is to not try to cram the night before the exam. If you've studied well, the information won't disappear from your brain if you get a good night's sleep. In fact, being rested will only improve your performance. Make sure you also have eaten a good meal so your blood sugar won't drop during the test.

I've found that anticipation before the test is worst than what you feel while actually taking the exam. Just do your best. Good luck.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi welcome

Like what Trip said eat a good meal before the exam, I took a beta exam (PDI+) the other week and eat fish before hand (fish is supposed to be good brain food) although I dont like fish unless its battered so I got fish n chips about an hour before the exam

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

In addition to Trip's advice I would say to use whatever technique you use to relax yourself just before you go take the test. The more relaxed you are the less you will have a tendency to freeze up during the test.

I'm pretty lucky with respect to taking any kind of test as I normally have no anxiety in relation to taking tests. Part of that is a function of knowing I am always well-prepared, but the other part of it is that I've always just looked at tests as a way to measure myself and where I am at. I don't look at them as a life changing event. I mean, so what if I flunk one, it's not going to kill me and with certification tests you can just take it over. Sure, it will cost you some more money, but how big a deal is that amount of money in the overall scheme of things. Most of us will spend that much money almost without thought if it's some toy we want.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  9. ParviJatt

ParviJatt Bit Poster

Okay cool thanks for the advice,

one more thing, who here has taken the A+ 601 exam in the last month??

what was it like, what was the questions like, :(

10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Apparently the questions differ per examinee or they are in different orders for each person so no-one can tell you the exact questions you get just make sure you understand as much as poss and you'll be fine.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  11. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

You'll be fine ParviJatt! I'd suggest making sure you know your communication and professionalism bits because they are pretty much the easiest marks to gain. Other then that as long as there arent any big gaps in your knowledge, you'll pass without too much trouble!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012