Musical stuff

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Nov 25, 2010.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Been thinking, and im thinking of taking up a musical instrument, dont knw why, but why not, be good to do stuff like that i spose.

Id like to play loads of stuff for various reasons. The guitar because i like rock type songs like franz ferdinand and the macc lads, also id like to play the violin, as ive always wanted to have a bash at that, i think it was vanessa mae who got me onto that, then id also like to play the piano, but properly, again i dont know why

What about everynoe here, what instruments would you like to play??

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. steve_p1981

steve_p1981 Byte Poster

i play guitar, i'm about average i reckon at it. i done my first pub gig recently backing up a local band that i had play at my wedding. i've been on and off for a few years then when i bought my house last year i started doing it properly (just starting scales now) and if you have the time you can teach yourself to be quite good fairly quickly. go onto youtube and search guitarsteve100 and have a look at my stuff, i'd ignore the entersandman in my front room, i'd just learnt it so it was a bit ropey lol.

plus chicks dig guitars more than violins and they are mor portable than a piano lol

Certifications: A+ 220-701 and 220-702
    WIP: none at current but poss 70-680 soon
  3. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I used to play keybard when in my teens, never got much good at it though, could never get the left hand to do what i wanted. I've also tried to learn to play the harmonica, but have trouble breathing which makes that hard. And i keep looking at playing guitar, dont care if its acoustic or electric, either would be fine. My lad plays bass guitar, has done for about 3 years now and he's looking to study A-level music so he can carry on getting better. Hasnt played in any band yet except the one formed for his gcse school work, but he does jam along to gorillaz, linkan park and other group wen in his room.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I've got a keyboard at home, and I'd love to learn to play it more than just "by ear". I'm very slow with sight reading. Sadly, I never seem to find the time. :(

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!