multiple emails being when only one was sent

Discussion in 'Software' started by rockstar6181, May 12, 2008.

1. rockstar6181

rockstar6181 Byte Poster

I have a situation where by a user sends an email and the recipet will get 4 or 5 copies of it even though in the senders sent items it shows as 1 being sent.

I have asked them to try and send an email through there Citrix account and it worked fine, has anyone else come across this before, seems odd that the outlook client would be a fault and suspect there is more to it?

many thanks

Certifications: A/N+ MCSA 2003
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

How is the receiving Outlook client configured, Exchange or POP3?

Also if the user sends an email to you do you get it 5 times?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Do you use a third party filter to scan your email on the way in and out?

If so, I have seen it where emails that are reprocessed from the email filter but subsequently show a fail, and are 'reprocessed' can actually be queueing multiple times.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. rockstar6181

rockstar6181 Byte Poster

Yeah I got the user to send to me also, I got 5 copies of the same email. The reciver is always exchange in the cases thus far. At this stage I am trying to locate where the problem is coming from and wether its a desktop issue or a server issue, I have read online about firewalls causing this issue. My tests thus far are pointing to a client issue but i just have a niggerling thought that its something else.

5. rockstar6181

rockstar6181 Byte Poster

I am not to sure what if any filter is being used I will certinally check in the morning. many thanks

6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Does the user have webmail access? If so log on as the user and send an email to your account, if you dont get 5 emails then it looks like an Outlook issue.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs