Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Games

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by allblack, Nov 30, 2007.

1. allblack

allblack Bit Poster

Ok guy im just wanting to know what you all playing (games that is ) on your computer if any

i'v been playing EVE online for 12 month now, not been on much as RL and try to get A+ done but still on it about ones a week.

i have about a Bil ISK (thats EVE money) so far and SP of 13 mil

The thing i like about it is it a like Elite (oh the good old day of computers:oops:) but a hell of a lot bigger

So What do you get up to in your playing game time ?

Certifications: in IT none
    WIP: A+, N+, MCDST
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

When I get a few minutes spare, it's Hellgate London and Halo 2 (multi-player). I've also got a Guild Wars account/game, but I haven't played that game for months now :(

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I play Eve, have three accounts, none of which are much good yet hehe

Still have an active WoW account but dont play it that much
    Play TF2 and Supreme Commander with mates (not MMORPGs but still)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Unfortunately I don't have the time for the online games. When I do get a few minutes, I'll play a little Gears of War or Halo 3, or maybe some Rock Band with my wife and a few friends. I'd LOVE to get into WOW, but a 14 month old kinda takes up most of my free time. My wife does want to try it though, I don't know if that is a good thing or not. :)

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Currently addicted to Titan Quest. I occasionally throw a game in there to provide some variety... just finished the original Deus Ex, for example.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I loved Titan Quest
    and Dungeon Siege
    and Diablo II

Eagerly awaiting Space Siege from Gas Powered Games

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. BosonMichael

Played TQ:IT, I assume? :)

I simply CANNOT convince myself to sell my Diablo II Battle Chest. I've got it BAD for that game...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I play the Matrix Online, have 5 characters on there...been playing for nearly a year even tho I bought the game when it first came out over 2yrs ago!!

I have recently started trialling City Of Heroes by recommendation by the the people I am in the faction with on MxO (Matrix Online). I have created two heroes on there...one of them looks like a black wolverine and the other is similar looking to Flash (Bart Allan). So far havent quite got to grips with it but if I like it enough then I will pay the fee for it...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  9. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I play Guild Wars... got several lvl 20 charatcers; however, with all my studying, I haven't played for a few months.

I may look at getting GW 2 when that finally comes out.

10. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Have a WoW account, but its lapsed. Tried Tabula Rasa, but havent bought the game yet. Wasn't overly impressed with Guild Wars either.

I'd be half tempted with EVE (Maybe), and may look at Jumpgate when the new version is released. CoH & CoV im not overly fussed about.

I also play Akanbar (akanbar.com) - its a MUD, and lots of fun, although I've been lapsing with it of late.

The problem I've been having lately, is that its just all very samey! Its very much a case of go here, do this, kill that. And it gets boring quite quickly, so I've been leaving things lately.

I like RP. And when our group was together, we regularly played (TableTop) D&D, StarWars, Cyberpunk 2020, Spycraft, (tried out) Armageddon 2089, and Vampire (Masquerade). Unfortunately our main group broke up, so its been a while since we've played any. Trying at the moment to get the remnants of our group, and a few new members together to play again. Much more fun (in my eyes) than the online stuff.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  11. Finkenstein

Wow... Cyberpunk... I haven't heard anyone refer to that in 15-20 years. I miss the old D&D years... I haven't played since high school.

12. BosonMichael

Ah, those were the days. I still have my first edition AD&D rulebooks collecting dust. Star Frontiers, Paranoia, Shadowrun, many others.

Also loved doing LARP, particularly Vampire (as if that would be a surprise to anyone).

13. JonGlory

JonGlory Byte Poster

Counter Strike source for me

WIP: LIFE
  14. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Guild wars and LOTR online.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  15. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

Currently playing online (all on PC):

- Quake Wars
    - Unreal Tournament 3
    - Team Fortress 2

and soon to add:

- Call of Duty 4 after I've played single-player
    - Gears of War :biggrin

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  16. Finkenstein

CS ='s FUN... we actually have a dedicated CS server running Gun Game on our Dirty VLAN at my company. It has a dedicated circuit, and it doesn't run anything except when guests come to the building and need to connect via wireless (since we don't allow rogue machines on our network). Needless to say that server is busy all day, every day. :biggrin

17. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

At the moment I am not playing much of PC games since I got the xbox 360 last month. How ever I am playing Assasin's Creed which is an amazing game. It's only flaw is that there is no co-op/online play, only single player but the graphics on that game are pretty wicked. Aside from that, I play Forza 2 and Ultimate Alliance.

As for PC I am holding off to get the star craft 2 when it comes out. Can't wait for that game.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  18. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

If you search this forum you will see this has been covered before....

Anyway to answer the op,

I used to play SW:galaxies before the big combat nerf! I'd been playing for about 18months before that happened and had 1 main toon and 2 minor ones, was a bit of a grind but the guild i was in made it fun.
    Up untill August i was playing COH/COV and had been seince the beta of both. Had 1 lvl 50 hero, a lvl 34 Hero and a lvl 28 Villian as my mains on that. Given up due to finance problems and that the game seemed to be getting a bit stale and lots of the original players were leaving.
    I have GW witha lvl 11 necromancer but have stopped as i'm finding it hard going now to lvl anymore.

Currently playing TF2, which i got to say i love. The cartoony graphics actually enhance the game and make it stand out from all the real live style Frag fests like CS and COD. (if you ever see steellegion3 thats me!)

Will probably get UT3 at some point in the next couple of weeks (hinting for xmas) so will give that a wirl online.

When my lad has friends round for the night i tend to setup 3 PCs on the LAn so we can play against each other. We tend to stick to games like DAwn of War, Rogue Trooper, UT2004, XIII and such as they will run on the older system ok.

I'm not really that serious a gamer, i play on easy mode on most games, get so far into ist and get stuck so then load up the cheats to complete it. However, like i said, i have to love TF2 for its style and simplicity. It dosent matter on theer to me if i'm krap. With a decent team even if you dont wina level the game can still be lots of fun! (the Original Deus Ex was probably about the only game i played all the way through without cheating on medium level and actually enjoyed the challenge, also tried it online but never foind taht to be the same)

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  19. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

CP2020 was actually one of our favourite tabletops. Fantastic progression system (it wasnt level based, you got IP that was specific to the skill you used - so use the skill more, you get more IP points, which you could then spend to raise that skill). The netrunner stuff was a bit weak really, tried to play a runner on a couple of occassions, but it never quite worked. The game as a whole was brutal though, especially with our GM. Ah the good old days...

I prefer tabletop to MMO's really, mainly because of the freedom. MMO's dont really give you freedom to do anything, and you dont really change the world in any way. With tabletops you can do anything you like, so long as your GM accepts it. I even came up with a more complex system for alcohol consumption (one that had a chance of leading to death) for D&D (Must dig that out actually...)

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  20. Finkenstein

:biggrin Now that is a picture well painted. Cheers!