Multi-homed hosts

Discussion in 'Networks' started by romfordkev, Sep 27, 2004.

1. romfordkev

romfordkev New Member

Haven't been here for a bit but thought you lot would be able to help me out on this one. I recently got my MCSA and a trainee network admin job. My boss asked me to look into the possibilty of using multi-homed hosts and to do some research into this. I think he wants to use it on a new web server we are soon going to be getting. From the research I have done so far all I can gather is that it is where a server has more than one network interface.

I have seen lots of articles about other stuff which touch on this but nothing specifically regarding multi-homing that I can really get my teeth into and get a proper idea of exactly what it is, how it works, why it is used, how to impement etc etc.

Can anybody help me out on this either with their own knowledge on the subject and/or links to useful webpages that will be mmore helpful than those I have seen so far??

Cheers

2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Okay, I don't know much about it or which system you will be using but here are some links from M$ technet

XP

HTH:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685