MTA Security vs Security+

Discussion in 'Security+' started by linuxuser, Sep 6, 2016.

1. linuxuser

linuxuser Nibble Poster

What are your views on MTA Security vs Security+ ?
    Which is better career wise or which did you prefer? and what resources did you use for either?

Certifications: ITIL v3, IS Foundation
  2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Generally MTAs are for those at the start of their career. I dont think you'd impress many employers with an MTA if Im honest. Sec + is probs the one to go for and covers security in more detail. I study MTAs because Im at the start of my career and Im trying to build fundamental knowledge. After that I will probs move onto higher level certs. So to sum up it depends where you are in your career which will determin on the route you take but it all goes down to personal preference, there are some who go into IT with the A+, some with an MTA (me) and some with no certs whatsoever.

3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I took Security+, one of the easiest certs I've taken, so I wouldn't say there's that much difference, but I've never taken an MTA. I studied part time for 4 weeks.

4. John Limion

John Limion New Member

All employees recognise Security +. Every time when we interviewed someone for different position we always ask him about this certification.