1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSCE or MCITP???

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by carl bodemeaid, Aug 10, 2009.

1. carl bodemeaid

carl bodemeaid New Member

Morning,

I have recently started to look into getting myself offically qualified.

I have have contacted both CompuTeach and NITLC for course's,

Now, CompuTeach are offering the MCSE 2003 and NITLC are offering the MCITP Courses,

I am currently in a Desktop/Server/Network Support Role and was wondering which course would be more viable.

Cheers
    Carl

2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Hi Carl, why not introduce yourself in the new members area?

Have you given any thought to self study?

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

As for which route to take... Which technology do you work with? If it's 2003 go for the MCP/MCDST/MCSA/MCSE route, if it's 2008 go for the MCTS/MCITP route.

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  4. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'd recommend the MCSE on 2003 if you've been administering servers for more than a year. If you're not yet to that experience level, I'd suggest neither the MCSE on 2003 nor the MCITP on 2008.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!