1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSCD - which books?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by HiArt99, Jun 23, 2009.

1. HiArt99

HiArt99 New Member

Hi folks,

looking to add MSCD certified in .net technologies to my CV (resume). Was going Computeach route but £4k is a bit steep. I understand from reading certain threads that you can self-study, but has anyone got any recommendations on which books to buy?

Ta

Art

Certifications: ITIL, ISEB
    WIP: MSDST
  2. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

First, you'll probably want to get the acronym right: MCSD. If you search for MSCD, you won't find many books on the subject! ;)

We network guys often recommend MS Press and Sybex for Microsoft exams. Not sure how good they are for the programming exams, but you might give them a shot.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Haven't all the core exams for the MCSD retired?
    Surely people aren't still selling it?

:blink

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Dunno, without searching... I really ought to stay more informed on the programmer certs. :D

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Pretty sure that MCSD has had it.

I'll sell mine on Ebay in a few years.
    Must be worth something then...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD