MS Wallet Cards

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by ethernet0, Jan 19, 2011.

1. ethernet0

ethernet0 Byte Poster

Just a heads up that Microsoft are planning to reintroduce wallet cards and they should be available by the end of February via the MCP site.

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Woot, mine needs to be ipad size tho :p

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. ethernet0

ethernet0 Byte Poster

Order individual cards and get yourself one of those business card wallets that have a 5ft drop. That'll make a lasting impression... :biggrin

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I always wanted one of those, not. :D

I bet you will have to pay a million dollars for one and it'll be some plastic crap.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I guess I wouldn't mind a single card that has the new MS creds on them, only because I use to have them.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

If only they were giving away their tie pins and baseball caps, I'd love to wear them to work everyday;)

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  7. Kitkatninja

Just took a look on the MCP site, can't see anything on there... Anyone got a link?

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I've got a box full of plastic cards - everyone seems to want to give you one. MCP, BCS, IITT, ISM...

I've never put one in my wallet.
    I guess I've never experienced the awkward situation of telling someone that I was a member of the ISM and having them say 'I don't believe you'.

8)

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  9. karan1337

karan1337 Byte Poster

Yeah agreed GBL. Has anyone got a preview of how the older ones looked like?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS, Brainbench: XP and Vista [Master]
    WIP: Bachelors:Computer Science
  10. Kitkatninja

11. ethernet0

ethernet0 Byte Poster

It won't be on there until the end of Feb Ken, the info comes from Erwin Chan (Microsoft learning).

12. karan1337

karan1337 Byte Poster

Thanks Wagnerk.

13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

One reason for having a wallet card: Chicks dig it. 8)

:eek:

Hahahahahahahahah! sorry, I could only hold the straight face for so long. :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. cosway

cosway Nibble Poster

When did Microsoft start charging for your certificate, or get rid of the wallet cards..?

...and....

...do you think the price will go up (currently about £10 or $10) if they bring back the wallet cards?

Until recently I had last passed a Microsoft exam in 2008 back then the certificate was free (included in the exam price) and Bill himself would visit you and throw a party for the whole village in your honour...

...back in the olden days there where jobs everywhere, you couldn’t answer your phone without someone offering you an ICT job, you could fill your car up and have a night out on the town, and finish off with a curry for less than £100. (ah those where the days.. and music was music back then too – none of this itunes stuff, if you wanted mp3s you had to steal them, and we made do with 3M pixel cameras on our phones too, none of this 10M pixel nonsense)...

...the young of today don’t know what they missed :cry:

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA, A+
    WIP: MCSE
  15. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Fixed that for you. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  16. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

I actually want one for some strange reason, need to pass something first though.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  17. karan1337

karan1337 Byte Poster

Well, i'll see if i can get one, if they're not costly :)