MS Upgrades To Be Smaller And More Frequent

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Sep 16, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

MS Upgrades To Be Smaller And More Frequent

Microsoft has overhauled its core software development practices to avoid any repetition of the delays that have bedevilled the next planned version of Windows, according to Steve Ballmer, the company's chief executive. The changes, along with plans to release more frequent, less ambitious versions of the widely used software, mark a significant shift in Microsoft's approach following one of the most troubled new product cycles in its 30-year history.

For the complete story, click Here

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. d-Faktor
      d-Faktor
      i would love a more modular approach to windows, as long as the implementation of said modules does not embed them too deeply into the system again, and as long as administrators have total control over them.
    2. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      I don't know if MS would feel comfortable with anyone being in *total control* of their modules except them. :tongue
    3. snoopy51
      snoopy51
      The bottom line is allway the administrator's final determination. Don't forget, any microsoft patch must be approved before they can installed through WSUS!
    4. Sandy
      Sandy
      Sounds all a bit RedHat to me!