MS Schools Blog

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by UKDarkstar, Nov 16, 2009.

1. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Spotted this from Dave Coleman (Twynham School, Dorset) on LinkedIn :

http://blogs.msdn.com/ukschools/arc...g-up-steam-in-schools.aspx?CommentPosted=true

Knowing there are several here who work in schools it may be of interest.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  2. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Interesting find. Thanks!

Certifications: HND Computing
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Will give it a look, thanks UKD.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Lol @ Dave.

They have an interesting take on the world of paying for things at twynham.

It would be nice if their kids wouldn't chuck rubbish in my garden.

In my institution we are trialling Windows 7 on our various computers and testing. In our experiences so far it has been very quick - faster indeed than XP on our slowest machines with even 512 RAM. Can't really fault it to much. I think they will deploy it maybe next summer or in a year or so who knows. I won't be there then.

Definitely though a case for business not to deploy 7 due to it not really helping in the profit of things, with schools I believe they have a duty of care to students to be at the forefront of technology so to provide them with the best knowledge and experience of what will be in the work place (in theory) be time they leave.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
    Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.