MS press book - practice questions

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Dexter, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Dexter

Dexter Nibble Poster

I just wanted to know how close these questions are to the real thing....?

Certifications: A+ N+ MCDST
    WIP: LPIC-1 - HTML - MYSQL
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Not sure what you're asking, however it's not the aim of practice questions to be almost identical to the real exam. The aim of practice exams/questions is to test your knowledge of the exam objectives.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

For me i thought the practise questions where harder than the actual exam

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

If you are referring to the MS Readiness Reviews which are at the back of the MS Press Books.

I often find them harder than the actual exam.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. loneferret

loneferret Byte Poster

I find this encouraging actually... not my thread but I have to admit the question was lurking in the back of my mind...

Certifications: MCDST/N+/L+/i-Net+/CIW/OSCP/OSCE
    WIP: MCTS 70-662
  6. Dexter

Dexter Nibble Poster

Point taken. I'm just trying to assess if I need to spend more cash on extra study materials and if the practice questions in the back of the book are similar to the type of questions I might face.
    So far I'm finiding the 70-271 easier than the CompTIA exams which strangely makes me feel a little uneasy :blink but I'm not really sure to what level of detail we are expected to know the material. Is it a case of knowing the tools available and what they do or are you expected to remeber the buttons available of menu's and the names of tabs etc.

Apoligies if these are stupid questions but they keep bugging me :dry

Certifications: A+ N+ MCDST
    WIP: LPIC-1 - HTML - MYSQL