MS Exam/Course 70 -290 Expiry Date

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by adeelmpk, Nov 24, 2007.

1. adeelmpk

adeelmpk Bit Poster

Does anyone know when exam 70 -290 is going to be expired, I went on the MS/Prometric website to book for exam and I saw that this exam must be taken before 31st December 2007.
    I hear a lot that Microsoft strongly emphasises to renew the certifications, does anyone know the expiry date for this course/exam? And what are the new courses/exam overtaking it.

WIP: MCSE
  2. nicolinux

nicolinux Byte Poster

This exam will not expire at the end of the year.

Certifications: mcse win2k3, mcts x4. mcitp enterprise admin
    WIP: 70-680
  3. adeelmpk

adeelmpk Bit Poster

so when does it expire ???

WIP: MCSE
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Years to come, Microsoft is only just retiring the 2000 track March next year, so you've got at least approx 3 more years (give or take).

The reason why you have until Dec 31st 2007 to take a MS exam at Vue is because MS, from Jan 1st 2008 will only be using Prometric as their test provider, just like Cisco will only be using Vue.

Read here.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security