MS Certs/CV

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by andy768, Oct 27, 2007.

1. andy768

andy768 Bit Poster

Hi,
    Now I've passed my MCSE, I need to update my CV. What I'd like to do instead of writing out each MCP exam I've taken is summarise the MCSE and supply a link to my transcript sharing page. Is this what most people do and are there any security risks in doing this? I just ask as my CV will be displayed online for anyone to view.
    Thanks

Certifications: BSc, MCP, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: A+, Network+, CCNA
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi Andy, create a section on your CV called professional qualification and list your MCSE 2003 and put a logo of your cert on the far right hand corner of your CV or at the bottom page. You do not need to list each on your CV:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

My CV just has 'MCSE - Windows NT & 2000, MCDBA 2000' on it.

Can't be arsed putting all the MCPs - although admittedly its pretty easy to spot my electives when you see the MCDBA as well :oops:

I think the only time an employer will care what your electives are is if you're going for a specific role like a DBA, Exchange Admin or Security role.

PS: I wouldn't bother with the logo either. Unless you're sending out printed CVs, almost all agencies, recruiters and the like will just delete them anyway - that's if they survive the upload process!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Put MCSE on Windows Server 2003 ...job done 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Saying "MCSE: Windows 2003" should be all that needs to be said. If an employer needs to have the MCSE and exams spelled out to them... then you probably don't want to work for that employer, to be honest.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!