MS 70-680 Passed

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by sensui619, Nov 27, 2013.

1. sensui619

sensui619 Bit Poster

Hi

Just passed MS 70-680 today not so pleased with the exam results but heck still passed.

Some of the questions were so confusing so i prolly know which i got wrong.

Btw this was my first ever MS exam, what happens next how long normally does it take to be access the MCP site to print off the certificate? Is there anyway i can push this through quicker?

2. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass! :thumbleft

What study materials did you use? Always a useful reference for future takers...

Yes, you'll have to await your MCP login credentials. Should be no more than 2 weeks and, probably sooner than that. No way to speed up the process though, I'm afraid.

Have you thought about what you want to study next?

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  3. sensui619

sensui619 Bit Poster

I used Skillport to run through modules as i have free access. MCTS book via books24/7 and profmesser videos.

All very helpfull.

the thing is i know which questions i got wrong as half the questions i got confused due to the wording.

I was planning to go for 70-685 but decided to go against that for now as i have booked myself some classroom based training for MCSA/MCSE.

So my next exams will be for MCSA & or Full MCSE next year March onwards.

4. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

I presume that you realise taking the 685 would now earn you the MCSA: Windows 7, but that you've decided to head for the MCSA: Server route instead?

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
  5. sensui619

sensui619 Bit Poster

Yes i thought by going down the server route i become more viable in the IT Market with a bigger opportunity for progression.
    Taking the 685 will credit towards MCSE Windows Server 2012 but only as Desktop Support

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  6. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Hi again,

not sure I understand you (or you me, perhaps...).

Taking the 685 (or 686), as you have already passed the 680, will give you the "MCSA: Windows 7" Certification right now (I was not suggesting adding it later to the MCSE...).

Taking exams in technologies that you have little or no experience of really will not help "become more viable" in any market. I presumed though that, as you have passed the 680, you are actively using Windows 7 and therefore may wish to gain the MSCA in the Client technology first.

HTH.

7. sensui619

sensui619 Bit Poster

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes i get what you mean i just thought id jump the gun and try go down the server route.

I am currently using W7 in my current role so you are correct in suggesting doing 70-685/70-686 first.

But currently im in situation where there is no hope of progression and increase salary, and getting a MCSE is the only solution for me :(

Wish me luck as i have now started MCSE Windows Server 2012 course.