mr r crown saying ello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by MR R CROWN, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Ronan

Ronan New Member

ello guys,

just joined the forums, anyway i just signed up with advent training and was reading through some of ur comments, i got a bit of a shock at the price of the training, been told that i can pay for it at £138 a month.

i was just wondering though if its worth the expense? ive been using computers for quite a number of years now, started when still using DOS,lol anyway, im waiting on the welcolm pack and the first module being delivered and wanted to know if anyone had any good advice for studying the course? i dont have much knowleged of the tec side of IT.

the guy that came to see me seemed ok, was told he would only be able to stay about 45mins by the helpline oporator,lol ended up staying and chatting for about 2 hours.

any advice greatly appreciated.

Ronan.

2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Hello Mr r cown:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I can't say if advent are worth it because I have not study with them. :blink However I did apply for one of their courses at their branch in potters bar and yes it was a lot of money. But then again it depends on the person if you can learn on your own without someone spoon feeding you, then self study is the one for you. I know of members here who have gone with advent and not had a problem!8)

Since you've got some background knowledge in IT why not go to A+ route and buy the MM Book and James Pyles book. If you are still struggling you can post your problem here on CF. However if that doesn't work then you can always re-apply to advent.8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  4. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Hello Mr Crown.
    I did CISCO IT Essentials 1 + i bought 2 A+ study books, it was a cheap way to get certified.
    Passed both hardware & software papers with over 85%.

See what your local Colleges offer as these can often be a cheaper wy to get qualified than going through training companies!

Good luck.

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+