mr r crown saying ello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by MR R CROWN, Dec 2, 2007.

1. MR R CROWN

MR R CROWN New Member

hi im new too, still working my way round everything so hi everyone :)

Certifications: none,just starting
    WIP: A+,MCSE
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

G'day and welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF.

5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Welcome! Hope you enjoy!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. MR R CROWN

MR R CROWN New Member

just a few words so u all knew were im at ive just been accepted to join the @dvent course,Iwould like to start a new life off. im 42 and been a labour all my life, so i put in for a course on being a computer engineer, i play about with them so i thought y not.Anyway as i said ive been accepted by @dvent and now im thinking have i took on more than i can chew,so im asking you all today is it a good course to do or not, or should i look else were, anyway thats how things stand for me.all emails will be welcome even the bad one`s:D

10. BosonMichael

There are a few people on here who are pleased with Advent. However, I wish you had found this forum before dropping several thousand quid on a training course. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  11. greenbrucelee

I was about to go with a training provider not advent but I found this forum first and am self studying for my certs.

12. MR R CROWN

MR R CROWN New Member

i haven`t gave any money over, ive yet got to say yes i will do the course,to the adviser that person who comes to see you, then its a year before you pay now.so ive not payed anything,so you can probably still help:D

13. BosonMichael

Sure, it's a year before you pay... but you still end up paying. Don't go into IT thinking that the money will be rolling in during your first year in IT so you'll be able to afford to pay them back... just a word of warning. Seen a bunch of people hurt themselves financially doing things like that.

"Being accepted by a technical training school" means "can afford to pay for classes" or "can qualify for a loan". If you've got a pulse and can pay, you're "accepted".

See all the certifications in my signature? I got them all through self-study and on-the-job experience - I haven't yet paid for or taken an IT certification training class. I've been in IT quite a while, so don't expect to fly through them... just know that it IS possible to do them through self-study.

14. MR R CROWN

MR R CROWN New Member

yes a year,and yes you pay even if you dont finish. when your finished you can also get a loan,to pay for it:(

15. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Probably best just to start on the A+ mate and forget about the MCSE for now, the MCSE cert is a beast! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  16. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  17. MR R CROWN

MR R CROWN New Member

Is there any were else can i take just the A+ with out paying to do all of it at once :)

18. MR R CROWN

MR R CROWN New Member

im wanting to know how i can take my A+ with out joining the likes of @dvent witch costs plus you after pay for everthing at once,so if i can take it stage by stage that would be fab for me.So if theres anyone that can help i would be very greatful :D

19. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

The cheapest way is to buy the Mike Meyers book as mentioned here many times, an old PC to muck about with, and learn the stuff with self-study.

Then the only costs are for the book and the PC (less than £100) and the exams themselves. To lighten the load you don't need to take the two exams on the same day - you could space them out by a month or more.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  20. greenbrucelee

As Harry says the Mike Meyers books is good but another good book to go with the Mike Meyers book is PC Technician Street Smarts by James Pyles, get an old PC to mess with too.

When you are ready for the exams register with Pearson Vue or Prometric on their sites they'll tell you where your nearest test centre is then you can book the exam at that test centre and there you go, simple as.