Moving users + mailboxes

Discussion in 'Software' started by ManicMonkey, Oct 12, 2007.

1. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

Im a little stuck here, work has a domain with users and 2003 exchange running. They want me to move all the users and mailboxes from that domain to a newer domain that is running exchange 2007.

Ive been told that galsync will allow this to be accomplished, however im not sure having never used this bit of kit.

Does anyone have any better ideas? (or experience with this sort of thing)

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I think with Exmerge you can't go too wrong. Remember though that you backup needs to be upto date just in case:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

does this only do the mailboxes though? if i used this to move the mailboxes would it allow me to associate it with moved (somehow) user account data?

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yes, if the mailbox and username are the same as the old domain they will match up. Ive done this before with various network migrations. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs