Moving from Dell to Lenovo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fortch, Jun 14, 2008.

1. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

Ok, so I've been with our company for a few months, and our new CTO wants to shift from Dell gear (Vostros and Latitudes) to Lenovo (T and X series Lappies). I've always been a fan of Thinkpads, particularly the T series, but what's up with Lenovo these days? As crappy as Dell can be, their support gets my replacement gear quick. For example, I had a chat with Dell Support, and received the replacement HDD the next day. Pretty nice. How's Lenovo since the change?

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

:ohmy

From what I've gathered... bad. :unsure I certainly wouldn't buy a Lenovo these days! :noway

I e-mailed Dell about a sticking spacebar on my laptop. Within seconds I got an automated response... within the hour I got a personalized response saying that the keyboard had already shipped! Wow! I had the keyboard in my hand 23 (25? can't remember) hours after I e-mailed support.

And this wasn't for business service, either... this was for a home-bought laptop! Excellent service, Dell! :thumbleft

As far as their business service is concerned, they've always sent a tech out the day they said they would send them. And if you know how to "play the game", particularly using their online chat feature, you can craft your responses so you don't have to haggle with them all day to get the proper service started.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. JonGlory

JonGlory Byte Poster

I used to work for dell tech support, and although there equipment may not be the best, there support service is second to none, as bm says, you just need to know what to do prior to a call or how to word an e-mail.

WIP: LIFE