Moving a 2nd Shot exam

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Armchair Pimp, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

..right.. I have a voucher which should be valid until October time.. it's got a Second Shot attached to it.. the company I bought it from actually supplied me with an expiry date of 31/01/2008 for it.. but I was hoping to shift my exam (currently booked at the end of June).. into July.. but can't.. any ideas why? I've tried contacting the company with no luck so far..

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

you can reschedule as normal, it does allow you, i've done that in the past. There problem a issue with the testing centre's site. try again later, 24hours of so, or contact them or m$ by phone

3. Armchair Pimp

It's weird.. I'm trying to move it on the Prometric website and it won't allow me ANY dates after the end of the month..

4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I thought the MS second shots were only available until end of May and had to be used by the end of June? See this for further info.

5. Armchair Pimp

Hmm.. this is my worry.. when the company I worked for bought in the vouchers in October they got offered the second shot as an optional extra.. now it seems like the voucher codes supplied are NOT in fact vaqlid after the 30th June as was stated at time of purchase (as basically they wouldn't have bothered with the 2nd shot and just had vouchers valid for a year)..

Time to get back on the phone to them methinks..

6. GiddyG

I hope you get it sorted... best of luck.

7. Armchair Pimp

Well.. I've had a strange e-mail convo with the company that supplied the vouchers.. they've basically said I can cancel the booked exam then re-book after the 1st July when the voucher becomes valid for a whole year from that date as a normal voucher.. I find this odd as the voucher was bought last September.... meaning according to them it could be valid until June 2009!

8. GiddyG

If you've got it in writing, that is good news. Pity about the second shot though.

9. Armchair Pimp

Well.. to be honest.. I'm not planning on failing it.. which is why I want to punt it back a couple of weeks to give me that extra space to tighten up on a couple of things.. I've got all the e-mails stored away for sure!