Mouse Cursor Freezing

Discussion in 'Software' started by rabbitatrest, May 4, 2009.

1. rabbitatrest

rabbitatrest New Member

Just rebuilt my computer with a Intel motherboard sporting an Intel i7 920 cpu and installed Visa 64. I am impressed, this is awesome.

My cursor routinely freezes on the screen every hour or so for anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. It always comes back but not as a result of anything I do..

Not sure how to debug this problem.. Is it the mouse driver??? Using the MS Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 7000 and keyboard with a usb receiver.

Thanks
    Jim

Certifications: none
    WIP: none
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Firstly, i don't like wireless mouses. they are more hassle than they are worth.

try another mouse, a wired one, you'll probably find it works fine :wink:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I'd try what Bluerinse suguested, first of all. The MS Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 7000 runs on the 2.4Ghz range, so it may be picking up interference from alot of different things...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Triton.Deep

Triton.Deep Bit Poster

[​IMG]

hrrmms...odd, I could have swore there was an option for that. :)

J.

\\Driver update? Does a plain jain wired USB mouse do the same? sounds like a wireless hickup fluke to me

Certifications: MCITP EMA, MCTS, MCSE (x3), CCNA, A+,etc
    WIP: MCM for Exchange probably. Not Sure
  5. rabbitatrest

rabbitatrest New Member

I was using another wireless mouse and keyboard for several years and had no problems with it. If this is some kind of interference problem, I should be able figure it out. I will investigate. The frequency and dead time has improved dramatically since upgrading my bios.

I will get to the bottom of this..

thanks for your comments...

Jim

Certifications: none
    WIP: none