Motorbike!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by AArcher, Sep 29, 2008.

1. AArcher

AArcher Nibble Poster

Wahay collecting my Bandit 600 in a week i'll post a pic ....anyone else bike riders?

Certifications: None
    WIP: CompTIA 2006 A+
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Used to have a couple of mopeds then moved up to a Suzuki RG125. It's been a while though, having passed my car driving test a good while back I'm more into them...

Just got a new 54 plate renault megane, so I'm having fun with that at the moment :D

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Woooo! Lucky you!!

I passed my cbt a few years ago, but never did the full bike test. Love being pillion on back of hubby's bike though - great feeling (apart from in the winter or rain)! :biggrin

Have fun!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  4. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Was having this chat earlier actually as one of our developers is doing his Direct access this week. I only stopped riding a year ago. Simply because I work 10 mins from my house now and the poor thing wouldnt have seen much use. Neglect can be the worse type of abuse for a bike.

I was the everyday whatever the weather biker. Got the weathered cheeks and nose that goes with it (think visible capillaries)
    I do miss my bike a bit. Only ever had 1 suzuki but always liked the slab side gsxr's. Preferred sports to commuters. Although my last bike was very commuter. NTV650. Good little bike and cheap to run. Prior to that I was on bigger sports bikes and a few lovely little sports two stokes like the NSR and the RGV. Despite only weighing in at 250 cc these bike were completely mental. Am I right in thinking they dont make two sroke sports bikes any more?

Ah what I'd give to have a go on an RG500. The noise. The smell ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Way to go mate. You'll love it. I hear the bandits are great for riding and more importantly great for pulling stunts on.:biggrin

I've got 2 Suzuki Katanas, one 1100 and one 750/1100 hybrid and a Suzuki SV650. :twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Me too. I'd give my left one to own a road going RG500.:twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. skulkerboyo

Yep I'm old school with my tastes when it comes to bikes. Do like the 07 R1 and the new ninjas are very pretty

These are classics as well
    zxr750
    yz750
    NSR500

When I was 20 I went out of my way to get NSR250. It was divine. Could keep up with my mates aprilia rs250. I think there was just a few bhp in it. Alas one day it overheated and the a piston jammed scoring the barrel beyond recovery. As it was a grey import finding a matching engine was impossible

Aarcher You been riding long? Any funny accident stories? i have a mate who lost a bollock? Got ripped off by the clock on . . . . . . wait for it . . .. . his bandit. Same mate lost some toes on a superdream. Looneys got an Urban tiger fireblade now

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
  8. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Ouch... nothing that bad, came off a couple of times due to leaves. I've had the fuel pipe for the engine pop off down the dual carriageway spraying fuel all down my leg, that was fun...

I also refer you to an entry off my old blog:-

[​IMG]

the three different setting on the fuel tap are normally:

1. "on" - switch to this when you want petrol to your engine

2. "off" - when you've stopped riding the kickass bike

3. "reserve" - now heres where is gets fun. you switch the tap to on when you want to go and ride, BUT there's no fuel indicator on a bike, so it just cuts out and you have to hang off the bike and flip the tap to reserve.

***STUPID ALERT***

you would think that bike designers wold fit fuel indicators to bikes, i mean COME ON. imagine this scenario, you're going at 90mph on the motorway with big ton and a half cars also shooting around you, when suddenly, the bike STOPS, i mean christ!! so in the middle of these 90mph ton and a half metal boxes you have to hang off your bike, whilst it is decelerating and flick the tap to reserve. it gets worse, on my bike the indicators which are etched into the metal tap have worn away, so i dunno which is on or reserve (i figured out which one was off when it just stopped going in the middle of a busy road). motorbikes rock huh?

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  9. skulkerboyo

LOL been there. I've only ever had one bike that had a fuel guage. Funnily enough it was the only bike i ever road that I didnt run out of petrol on.
    My RGV250 was a bugger for letting me down. It was race tuned so got a miserable 80 to the tank if I was nice to it but it got me into the habit of topping up every 80 or so