Motherboards!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AArcher, Sep 20, 2008.

1. AArcher

AArcher Nibble Poster

Hey all just wondering I've been researching whilst studying for my Comptia A+ as in just looking at what processor I have in front of me etc etc I found one for my CPU via google which is here http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K7/AMD-Athlon 1300 - A1300AMS3B.html (my cpu) but can't find anything similar for motherboard etc ? Any help welcome !

Certifications: None
    WIP: CompTIA 2006 A+
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

If your machine is a Dell/HP/IBM etc then it may be difficult to ID the motherboard as it may be specific to them.

If it is a 'no-name clone' then there should be something like a manual or printing on the board to tell you which motherboard you have.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

like harry said - this could be located underneath the board as well - and could even be a series of numbers which if you put into google will tell you more 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

Also, adding to the above, some of the serial numbers are in hard to read places, like between the PCI slots. You, need a torch and a good eye to spot the numbers sometimes

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Can also be hidden round the edge of the motherboard too in very small writing.

try googling any numbers/codes you find which may help identify.

Could also use Belarc - www.belarc.com which will give you some useful info or pccheck - http://www.eurosoft-uk.com/pc_check.htm - tho' this has to be purchased (well worth it tho')

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)